• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope recommendation for a new build

pacomdiver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2008
SE PA
i have a rem 700 in a aics 1.5 m24 stock with a wilson 1-10tw 6 groove barrel at the smith now for him to put the blank on.

what would a reasonable priced scope for a new 300 mag m24 clone build be? it will be used mainly out to 1k, maybe further on a few occasions.

i can spare 500 to 750 for the optics. i have a zeiss 6-20x50 mildot on my 338 Lapua PSS and love the glass but really cant spare the extra change on another one

are the nikon blacks decent?

I've used and recommended SWFA SS to a bunch of friends and for the price we've all been very happy with them. They also go on sale several times a year.

That being said if I was looking for a budget optic I'd also check out the Athlon Midas TAC. Seems like lots of guys are running Athlon's and love them.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
i know absolutely nothing about athlons and dont know anybody that has one to check out. found one in the PX, how would this compare to the midas?
Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50
Mil/Mil
FFP

Athlon Ares BTR zero stop scope for around 7-800 bucks if you look hard enough awesome scope had one for a while and updated to another NF

anybody else?, ive seen a few nikon blacks on the EE for reasonable prices ut none of my local shops have any to physically look thru and see if i like

It sounds like your pretty set on the Nikon black, you should try it and if you like it review it on here.