Long time lurker, first time poster here. I am looking for a scope recommendation.
- What is the platform for the scope? 16" REPR Mk II
- What cartridge are you shooting? .308
- What is your intended use for the scope? All of the above/general purpose. I will definitely use it for steel targets, may get into hunting or competition.
- What type of conditions will you typically shoot in? Daytime
- What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? I typically shoot within 300m but I am looking for a scope that will perform well up to the REPR's max practical range, which I reckon is probably 800-1000m. I'm not a long range shooter--yet--but I want a scope that will enable me and the rifle to train up to it.
- Are there any specific specifications you would like? FFP, mil reticle and adjustments (veteran redleg so I think in mils), preferably a christmas tree reticle, throw lever, parallax adjustment. I'll ruck with this rifle so durable, compact, lightweight are desirable assuming other specifications are met. My reading thus far tells me I should be looking for something in the 3-15 or 4-16 ranges of magnification, rather than something higher, but I am open to more educated opinions on magnification (and on any other specification I've mentioned).
- What is the price range you can afford? Top end. I can afford to get the right scope but I cannot afford to buy a bunch of scopes and figure out what's best. Would prefer to buy once, cry once if I can.