• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope recommendation

HobbyShooter

Minuteman
Apr 20, 2013
Spanish Fork, Utah
I've spent the past two weeks researching scope options for my CZ455 and am no closer to finding what I want now than I was when I first started. Everytime I find a post by someone who says they love their .22lr scope, I find that it won't focus close enough, is SPF, or doesn't have a reticle I like.

I'm looking for a scope that is mil/mil (or moa/moa), FFP, variable with 20x or more on the top end, and can focus down to 25 yards or closer. The closest I can find is the SWFA SS 3-15, but I'd like a little more power on the top end if I can find one.

Any ideas? I'm tired of chasing my tail.

Thanks! That's not totally out of the question. I'd have to sell my Razor and the March would need to serve double duty between rifles, but it looks promising.

Any other suggestions?

I have had a SWFA SS 3-15x42 on my Kidd SuperGrade for almost a year and have zero complaints, it's a great scope, but I want more power and am contemplating the March in mil/mil myself. I haven't found anything that compares to the features, quality and price (although it is a pricey scope for a rimfire!). Keep us posted on what you decide.
Scott

Not sure if you would call this mil/mil but it does have a mildot reticle option. I have the regular crosshair one, works like a champ and can focus to waaay close.

My only complaint is that on mine the crosshairs are a bit thick for the type of shoot-offs we have for our informal matches (ie, match sticks at 50 yards, or staples in plain paper at 50 yards). So I zero so I'm just a hair off, and it seems to mostly work.

Simmons Whitetail Classic Rifle Scope 6.5-20x 50mm Adjustable

Curious as to why you think you are going to need more power on the top end with a 22?

I've found that some of the paper targets at the matches I do can be difficult to see ALL my hits at 50 yards and beyond with the 12x I was using. Specific example being the last match when we were shooting paper silhouettes. There was a circle in the center of the chest worth 5 points and a smaller circle in the center of the head worth 10 points. Outside the circles was -5 points even if the impact was still on the body somewhere. I shot first at the chest and was about an inch high. I then decided to go for the big points and aim for the head shot. I held low since my last shot was high and hit the neck. I came up a little more and it seemed my next 8 shots were all in the head circle. When I got the target back, I had one high on the chest (-5) and 9 shots through a ragged hole in the neck (-45). From the firing position I couldn't tell that I was hitting the same spot on the neck.

Thanks for the help, everyone! I ended up going with a SWFA 3-15 anyway. If I keep blowing stages at the matches, then I may look harder at that sweet March scope.