• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Recommendation?

prreed10

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
I've got a Savage Mark II FV-SR on the way and I am having a hard time picking out a scope. I'd like a Mil-Dot reticle and that's about my only requirement. I usually stay away form the inexpensive scopes but I really don't know if I need to spend big $ on a scope for this .22. My budget is $100, but less would be good as well. This is going to be a fun gun for plinking with my suppressor. Anybody have any recommendations?

Here are a few I've considered:

TruGlo

BSA

Sightmark

Re: Scope Recommendation?

I like the Tasco 42mm Target/Varmint series for pretty much most scope applications, and have even used them on .260 Rem LR match rifles. I currently have 4 of the 6-24's, and 2 of the 2.5-10's.

The former ones are going on 6 years old with no problems on my rifles ranging from 22's to .30-'06 Hunters.

ive always stuck with 3-9x32 or 40 on my .22lr's. Bushnell Simons Tasco, whatever the cheap one was that came in the plastic for $40-60 bucks. Never had a problem with any of them. Sight mine in at 50yd's

I second the tasco target/varmint scope. I have the 6x24 on mine it gets a little dark after 18 power but I can see my shots and 200 with it. The only compliant I have is, is that my mildot reticle is off but for $80.00 I can live with that. Get a 20 moa base youll need it.

Raider

Simmons has a mildot version of the White Tail Classic.

I have 2 of the non-dot versions, love 'em.