• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope recommendations

The Bushnell is better than the Arken and right there with the SE. I ran a SE for a few years and know it well and I would call the SE and Match Pro a push personally.
That was not my experience at all. I found the SE much more finicky to get behind and the glass quality easily favored the MPED. I may have to try another SE because I WANT to like it so bad. Just didn't.

That was not my experience at all. I found the SE much more finicky to get behind and the glass quality easily favored the MPED. I may have to try another SE because I WANT to like it so bad. Just didn't.
Well it does show that everyone eyes and shooting style are different so it's best to try before you buy. I'm Leupold fan so I will look at the new Mark4 HD to change out the SE on my Bergara this spring once I view one.

My SE was an earlier one so not sure what they look like now. I liked the SE features and didn't find it hard to get behind. I have a 3-18x SE now and find it the same. I do really like the Match Pro though.

Depending on the rifle and ammo you can need from 18-22 mils for 400 yards so I would buy a scope where you can get 22 mils out of it and then use a base that can allow the distribution of the allowable elevation in the scope to get that. With a scope like the SE which has 31 mils that would be about 15.5 up and down so you could use a 40 MOA base which is about 11.6 mils and redistribute so you has about 27 mils up and 4 mils down. That allows you to go to 400+ and not be maxed out at the top of travel.
I just picked up a used strike eagle from a member here. And a 30min base how much cant should I add in the rings? The scope is coming with a set of rings I can use for awhile for now. As I’m kind of maxing my budget out already. Added a few extra mags and cleaning supplies shit adds up quick.

I just picked up a used strike eagle from a member here. And a 30min base how much cant should I add in the rings? The scope is coming with a set of rings I can use for awhile for now. As I’m kind of maxing my budget out already. Added a few extra mags and cleaning supplies shit adds up quick.

I wouldn't add any in the rings for now. The 30 MOA base will allow you to reach out to 400 yards or so and then you can hold more in the reticle.

With that scope I wouldn't go over 50 MOA max anyways so down the road if you felt a need you can get 20 MOA in the rings and should be ok.

N-Turs were in AZ? My club ( Prescott action shooters) does a bunch of different rifle matches here and also gunsite in Paulden does an NRL22 match monthly with bonus stages out to 200.

I wouldn't add any in the rings for now. The 30 MOA base will allow you to reach out to 400 yards or so and then you can hold more in the reticle.

With that scope I wouldn't go over 50 MOA max anyways so down the road if you felt a need you can get 20 MOA in the rings and should be ok.
I wouldn’t go over 40 MOA with the SE. 50 MOA would only leave approximately 1 mil of down elevation in the scope.

Good deal, that what I figured but just wasn’t positive I was looking at everything right. Can’t imagine I’ll be out past 400… thanks again for all the advice. I’m sure I’ll have more as things progress.

N-Turs were in AZ? My club ( Prescott action shooters) does a bunch of different rifle matches here and also gunsite in Paulden does an NRL22 match monthly with bonus stages out to 200.
I’m down in Tucson so pretty far from Prescott but sounds like I might have to make a trip that way once I get things dialed in and have a nice lot of ammo the rig likes.