• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope ring height for Savage 10FCP

patriot07

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2017
Dallas
My brother is setting up his Savage 10FCP with a Bushnell ERS 3-21x50 scope. I don't have the gun or the scope and he's not familiar with scope ring height calculations. It has the factory Savage base (I think). What height rings do I need? I'm thinking 1" would be safe and 1.1" would be safer, but that's a complete guess. We are going shooting in a week, so I need to pick something and order it fairly quickly and I don't have time to get the gun and scope in hand by then. Really appreciate the help.

I run Medium height rings on all of my rifles with 30mm or 34mm tube scopes with a 50mm or 56mm objective lens.

Reactions: patriot07
On my 30mm rings, they measure 3/4" from the center to the rail. On the 34mm rings, they are 1" measured.
Here's my Savage 7mm-08 build with an Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 in 30mm medium Burris Signature Zee rings-

8EGgUPL.jpg

The same rifle with my new Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 in 34mm medium ARC M10 rings.

Yuom0Vx.jpg

None what so ever. I never shoot a FFP scope at the lowest magnification, so that throw lever wouldn't be in the way. That scope resides on my LR-260H AR now, so it's a none issue.