• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope ring options for ZCO 4-20

I went with the ARC M10 rings on my ZC4X20 and like them a-lot.

Zeiss have new Precision Ring sets with integrated bubble level for 30 and 36 mm tubes.
Don't know if they ot in the wild yet.

Reactions: Elkhunter007
Today I received a set of Zeiss Precision Ring along with a set of ARC's. The new Zeiss rings are very impressive and will be the ones that I will use. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Any particular reason why the Zeiss over the arc rings?

Last edited:
The rings have a more refined shape that appears to look like they would not snag if that make sense. Also I prefer the integral bottom recoil lug instead of a crossbolt used by others ( Similar to Seekins ). I also checked the integral anti-cant level and it is accurate.

@Elkhunter007 when you have the ZCO mounted, can you take some pics of how the setup looks with the Zeiss rings? Especially a "behind the scope" view as if you're looking through the scope? Curious to how the bubble level looks from behind the gun, since it looks a little small. Thanks!

Was making this same decision a few days ago and went with Spuhr, specifically decided to go with their quick detach model,QDP-6002. Potentially sacreligious, but I dont shoot for a living, and I want to use this kit across multiple rifles:

20191113_070819.jpg

20191113_070835.jpg

Got the ZCO and Spuhr setup to the range tonight. Real quick down and dirty test yields RTZ was repeatable, no pics unfortunately this time. The only down side to the QDP setup is the ARC Nucleus bolt release is located right under the rear QD lever.

Makes it just about 7.23% more cumbersome to remove the bolt, but not a deal breaker if the RTZ holds while I move it to rifle to rifle, respectively.

I've tried a few rings/mounts and I always go back to spuhr. I've been tried tier-1. I always find myself running back to spuhr. I havent tried ARC didnt think they were top quality. Maybe I should give them a shot and save some money.

Any of you notice that Spuhr has updated their design of the 36mm SP-6001 ?

It now has 5 clamp screws on the base. The earlier ones had 4. I always though 4 were plenty, but having 5 isn't a bad thing either.

Interesting. I have one on order. And yes more fasteners is not bad to have at all. I wunder what pushed the change.

I believe most/all of them are re-designed that way now. The SP4001 is the same; the recent one I bought has 5 clamp screws, in addition to the clamp plate having thicker sections and not all one flat thickness.