• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Rings/Mounts suggestions for Tikka

lmhybb

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2009
Howdy all!

Just bought a Tikka M695 in 30-06 for hunting and a Leupold VXIII 4.5-14X40MM with 30MM tube. Ordered some Talley single piece mounts/rings in Low and my scope still sits a little over 1/4" form the barrel.

Can anyone recommend some solid mounts/rings that would be lower? Believe the talley one-piece scope mounts in low are .50" from top of receiver to the bottom of the rings.

Tried looking around just running into Millet mounts and buddy of mine told me those mounts were not great. Excuse my ignorance and thanks for any input in advance!

Regards,
Jon

Re: Scope Rings/Mounts suggestions for Tikka

Thanks Buckey! Will give them a call.

Near makes nice stuff. Check out EGW too. They make bases for the Tikka T3. Not sure if it's the same pattern. Give em' a call.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Near Mfg!!!

www.scopebases.com </div></div>

+1 ...Richard Near is a hellva good guy too!

Thank you gents for the suggestions!