• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Suggestions

Mareshow

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
I'm looking at purchasing all the same scopes with the same reticles so I can be better with my equipment. I'd like to go ZCO or TT but we're wanting to build a house and I don't think the budget with hold for that. That said I have been looking at other that I can get for a better value they are:

Kahles 5-25i: not everyone's favourite but I really like the clarity and resolution as well as the Low light performance. I think I would go with the SKMR 3 reticle if I went this route and can be purchased for around the $3500 CAD on the used market

Leupold Mk 5 5-25: I don't have a lot of experience with these scopes but I've heard they do quite well these can be purchased for around the $3000 CAD mark up here again on the used market.

Other?

If I could go ZCO I would but for three the total cost would be $15000 CAD vs $9000 ish if I go with another option. $6k is a big difference but I always do say buy once cry once...

neither spend 1/2 and get twice as much . either way best of luck with whatever you get .

Reactions: Mareshow
What’s the application? I’ll throw the Burris XTR Pro out there. Glass is on par with the Kahles if not slightly better, SCR2 reticle is awesome, and goes to 30x if you need it. I can’t comment on low light performance yet but I did play with it just after sunset and in an indoor range with medium ish lighting. Did just fine both places. Might be a decent value option for you.

I'll be sure the check that Burris out! I'd like to try some PRS this year as well as target and hunting. But I'd like to use the same reticle across the range as that way I'll be comfortable using it

Reactions: simonp
I have a mixed bag with a K525i as the best in my lot. That said, if I were to put the same on all (including rimfire), here is how I would look at it, with MIL/LEO pricing highly influencing my decision:

ZCO/TT: Too many hobbies to invest that deep into glass.

Kahles: It would be a pain to hunt down identical reticle and knob configurations AND a deal.
Leupold: Parallax not low enough for rimfire.
Burris XTR Pro: I would give this a serious look.
Bushnell XRS3: I would look at.
Leica PRS: I would look at.
Vortex Razor HD LHT: I would look at.
Athlon Cronus BTR: No experience, but seems to be in the same bracket as the rest.
Nighforce NX8: I might look at.
Meopta Optika 6: If I wanted to do it on a budget.

Reactions: Mareshow
I have a mixed bag with a K525i as the best in my lot. That said, if I were to put the same on all (including rimfire), here is how I would look at it, with MIL/LEO pricing highly influencing my decision:

ZCO/TT: Too many hobbies to invest that deep into glass.

Kahles: It would be a pain to hunt down identical reticle and knob configurations AND a deal.
Leupold: Parallax not low enough for rimfire.
Burris XTR Pro: I would give this a serious look.
Bushnell XRS3: I would look at.
Leica PRS: I would look at.
Vortex Razor HD LHT: I would look at.
Athlon Cronus BTR: No experience, but seems to be in the same bracket as the rest.
Nighforce NX8: I might look at.
Meopta Optika 6: If I wanted to do it on a budget.
This is exactly what I'm looking for thank you! I think I'm going to investigate the Nightforce, Burris and Bushnell. From what I've read the Leica PRS vs the Delta Stryker there's not too much difference between them except dollar amount. Leupold are nice but they've priced themselves close to an Atacr, in some cases higher (here in Canada).

Nightforce I heard a rumour they use the same glass in the NX8 that they do in the Atacr just difference arrangement. any truth to that?

I own the Kahles 525i, their new one has a few upgrades. Major issue is the reticle options. I'd take a hard look at what reticle you want and search there to narrow down some options.

Where are you located? I'd let you use any of my glass to compare... so far ZCO and my NF get most of the use by far.

I own the Kahles 525i, their new one has a few upgrades. Major issue is the reticle options. I'd take a hard look at what reticle you want and search there to narrow down some options.

Where are you located? I'd let you use any of my glass to compare... so far ZCO and my NF get most of the use by far.
Canada :(, I am seriously considering Nightforce. ZCO are nice but an extra $1300 over an Atacr?