• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope thoughts: looking for input

neoinarien

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Wisconsin
Budget: If necessary, I can spring for a S&B or something in that price range

Use: For the time being, shooting to a grand... in the future who knows. Will be used for tactical competitions and hunting.

What I think I want in order of importance (always open to hearing input):

1) Great/good enough glass to accomplish the above

2) extremely durable and reliable

3) mil/mil

4) horus or comparable reticle (ebr 2b in the vortex razor for instance)

5) ffp

6) magnification to about 20 or better with a lower end no higher than about 5 (I am aware this could make me a magnification whore: I am comfortable with this fact)

7) illuminated reticle (Illuminated reticle would be great, but if absolutely necessary to accomplish the rest it could also be lost)

Open center or closed is not the end of the world, but I do like open... could take it or leave it. I can't think of a good company that makes poor turrets of something non .1mrad clicks, so while those are also on the list, they are aren't worth making 'official' (I do realize that some turrets are better than others). Zero stop I can take or leave in recognition of the horus-ish reticle.

I plan on having this scope for a long, long, time. So a company with at least good customer service and a strong warranty is a must.

As a side note, I am aware that some companies are coming out with new reticles this Summer (MOAR for example) and would be happy to wait and get *just* the right scope.

Thoughts? People see any problems or things I should be thinking about that I'm not?

Re: Scope thoughts: looking for input

+1 Vortex Razor. Your description has Razor written all over it. Plus you can not find a better warrant in the industry. The only two items they will not fix or repair is theft and loss. And they seem to take care of business in an average of seven days!