• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope too low?

regency

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
www.patwar.com
Hey guys, I just mounted a Nightforce to my weatherby .300mag. I have enough clearance to get 1 credit card, almost most 2 if I press a little bit they will slide in...

Is this enough room, I just hope the barrel never makes contact with the scope. The gun really doesn't recoil too bad with the muzzle break on it if that means anything?

Yes you'll be fine I've had them sitting closer than that and was OK. The ideal mounting situation is have the scope mounted as low as possible for cant purposes

sent from RAZR Maxx HD using Tapatalk Pro

That sounds like the ideal situation. You should be able to get a great cheek weld.

Bad picture but all mine are about this close. I would even get them lower if the caps would close.

9b0f1965-32a2-416a-9981-c79443cd4776_zps75d199d0.jpg

Mine is extremely close on the end of the extended scope base but not on the barrel. I would say you are fine with a credit card worth of clearance.