• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope wont zero

spentbrass1

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2021
portland or
Took my Mrad out for the first time with a Steiner M7XI 4x28 mounted on Sphur 4602 20 moa and the Mrad has 10mil rail.
When i tried to zero it in best i could get at 100 yards was 2.5 inches above bullseye. My question is do they make shims for it or do i need to order a 30 moa base
On the brightside its dead on at 300 yards and shoots great

Does it have a zero stop? Look there first.

Sounds like what you are saying is that you have no more down adjustment. Your combined scope mount and rail already have you at 30 MOA cant, more cant will get you more distance from the scope and not less. Not familiar with that scope but as previously suggested check for zero stop that may give you additional downward adjustment. Your only other option is to change the rail to 0 MOA or mount to 10 MOA or 0 MOA.

Sounds like what you are saying is that you have no more down adjustment. Your combined scope mount and rail already have you at 30 MOA cant, more cant will get you more distance from the scope and not less. Not familiar with that scope but as previously suggested check for zero stop that may give you additional downward adjustment. Your only other option is to change the rail to 0 MOA or mount to 10 MOA or 0 MOA.
Where i went wrong was thinking the rifle had a 20 moa cant and the scope manual wants 40 moa so i got a 20 moa base I am hoping i can shim it otherwise i need a new base

Again does it have a zero stop?

I am guessing user error of some kind. How much travel does this optic have? Do you have all that travel up if your bottomed out as you say?

You are hitting the zero stop.

Have your turret lined up with “0”.

Looses the cap and zero stop with the Allen wrench provided in the box (there should be two screws).

Line up the turret to 10 mils. Tighten down the set screws. Now dial down to your zero.

If by chance you have zero adjustment down, then you need to get a lower cant mount.

If you’re actually bottomed out, which you’re not, adding more inclination to the rail will only make things worse. Not better.

Yes and its bottomed out

With 26 mils you would have to have a serious scope issue to be bottoming out on 30 moa of cant. Check your zero stop again and how to set it up.

Took my Mrad out for the first time with a Steiner M7XI 4x28 mounted on Sphur 4602 20 moa and the Mrad has 10mil rail.
When i tried to zero it in best i could get at 100 yards was 2.5 inches above bullseye. My question is do they make shims for it or do i need to order a 30 moa base
On the brightside its dead on at 300 yards and shoots great
Is it a 10 MOA or a 10 mil base? If it really is 10 mils, you are at 15.8 mils with the mount. I haven’t looked up your scope but assuming it is the 26 mils of adjustment that others have mentioned, that may be part of the problem.

Reactions: Secant
10 Mil rail is what Barrett and Eurooptic list for the newer MRAD's.

Reactions: Secant
I figured out what i did wrong 10 mils equal 34 moa plus the 20 moa from the mount makes it 14 moa over what the manual wants 40 moa this is what i get for not paying attention in math class

Reactions: Rob01 and Secant
Last resort is to put a pipe wrench with a length of pipe on the handle on that turret and crank it down till you get zero.

• Haha
Reactions: SepticDeath
Last resort is to put a pipe wrench with a length of pipe on the handle on that turret and crank it down till you get zero.

Or stick the pipe wrench of the end of his barrel and yank the muzzle downwards a bit.

If it's good enough for savage....