• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ScopeCover for SN9 10-42x80 I askedUSO if possible

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia
For those interested I have asked US Optics if it were Posible to have there supplier make one of the Scope Covers they sell to fit an SN9 10-42x80mm with 4" sunshade attached.

I wonder if any of you guys who already own this scope would be interested in having a scope cover to fit it made.

It might work out more economical if a few were made rather than just one. I have not recieved pricing yet and it may not even be possible, but I think it might be a good idea and as I receive more information I will let you guys know.

Let us know what you think. And if you have any ideas please contribute, I was thinking it could have pockets on the side to store turret caps in when there off the scope etc.

If you think this is stupid also let me know
laugh.gif

Cheers pc3

Re: ScopeCover for SN9 10-42x80 I askedUSO if possible

Chris yes thats what I am referring too. I do use a drag bag but when travelling for 20 or so hours to get to our hunting property's over some really rough roads in places I think it adds some extra cushioning also given we often have our rifles in there drag bags packed under our food and clothes etc.

If your interested in one express your interest to US Optics as they are looking into seeing if it can be done.

Re: ScopeCover for SN9 10-42x80 I askedUSO if possible

For LONG/Rough hauls - I generally use HARD cases. Things tend to bounce around in the back of a 15 year old Land Rover Discovery with overspec'd springs.

tbh I don't think I'd use one with an SN9

I have similar things (with handles) for other gun/scope combo's that I use in "rough-field" comp's to protect scope and muzzle. One came with a drag bag.

dragbag.jpg

Tried them "open-ended" on the SN9 and there is also the issue of the rear turrets which are much higher than the scope tube. It all felt a bit "loose" despite tugging the straps tight. Also the balance felt wrong - If it's JUST for transport padding - I'd stuff some extra foam pads in or get a hard case.