• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scoped bore today, anything stand out

Boomer8800

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2023
SoCal-OC
I bought a scope and figured I try it out on my semi new rem 700 5r 6.5cm with about 120 rounds thru it.. what’s those white lines?
Video here

thank, man so much info in this site..

I bought a scope and figured I try it out on my semi new rem 700 5r 6.5cm with about 120 rounds thru it.. what’s those white lines?
Video here

thank, man so much info in this site..
Ah, hard to tell from that vid. Personally, I find a scope that accommodates side looking mirrors to be far more informative as you can get a good view of what’s going on in a section you are interested in (typically from throat to 4-5” where most damage will occur).

What I can tell is it would appear you have a good bit of copper on there and maybe about half way down the barrel it looked like some of that copper was overlaid with carbon.

Clean it well. I suggest Bore Tech Eliminator as it works well on both copper and carbon fouling but there are many good products out there.

White lines look like cotton strands from patches. The white/silver lines along the lands/grooves could be light reflection or cotton the edge.

I’ve seen comments about cotton strands in other threads (no pun intended).

Ah, hard to tell from that vid. Personally, I find a scope that accommodates side looking mirrors to be far more informative as you can get a good view of what’s going on in a section you are interested in (typically from throat to 4-5” where most damage will occur).

What I can tell is it would appear you have a good bit of copper on there and maybe about half way down the barrel it looked like some of that copper was overlaid with carbon.

Clean it well. I suggest Bore Tech Eliminator as it works well on both copper and carbon fouling but there are many good products out there.
Thanks, it came with the mirrors didn’t use them.. I also have wipe out patch out on the way ..

Reactions: Baron23
Thanks, it came with the mirrors didn’t use them.. I also have wipe out patch out on the way ..
Patch out works good too!!

Clean it, put on a side mirror, focus it (w Teslong you screw the mirror in/out a bit for focus), then take still pics....particularly from the just before the throat toward the muzzle. This is where you would see a carbon ring, fire cracking, and other damage from use.

But, with 120 rounds on it, it may well not even be fully broken in and up to speed.

Who is the barrel manf?

Reactions: Boomer8800
Patch out works good too!!

Clean it, put on a side mirror, focus it (w Teslong you screw the mirror in/out a bit for focus), then take still pics....particularly from the just before the throat toward the muzzle. This is where you would see a carbon ring, fire cracking, and other damage from use.

But, with 120 rounds on it, it may well not even be fully broken in and up to speed.

Who is the barrel manf?
No clue who makes its assuming it’s Remington
IMG_9997.jpeg

Last edited: