• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes scopes that kill

thedoors85

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2011
TX, USA
What scope do you use and for what? I'm a fan of Valdada and I have the 30mm tactical 2.5-10 x 42 with a MP-8 reticule. Give me some awesome midrange scopes

Re: scopes that kill

CounterSniper...BSA...ATN...NcStar...

I am pretty sure all of those can and will likely get you killed!
wink.gif

My Zeiss 72mm can kill if I point the objective to the sun. The death ray that comes out of the eyepiece end will melt metal and set paper on fire.

Nightforce are rated to be able to beat at least 12 people to death before they lose zero.

Flyingbullseye

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nightforce are rated to be able to beat at least 12 people to death before they lose zero.

Flyingbullseye </div></div>

Looks like NF QC is dropping then. It was only a few years ago they had a 15 people beat down, still hold zero, guarantee. Call me a snob, but 15 is the min standard I use in my scopes.
grin.gif

That's an epic first post thread title... I'm partial to Konus scopes 'cause they are made in Italy. You know your a heartbreaker and lifetaker when using a genuine Italian mafioso scope.

I'd have to say there are multiple scopes ou there that will kill your eye.

Vortex Razor! I was told that you could take it off your rifle and beat your dog to death and if it broke, they'd replace it!

My girlfriend can kill you with her stare.

If I ever let her look through any of my scopes I think it would magnify it so much that the earth would implode.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clarence Carter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nightforce are rated to be able to beat at least 12 people to death before they lose zero.

Flyingbullseye </div></div>

Looks like NF QC is dropping then. It was only a few years ago they had a 15 people beat down, still hold zero, guarantee. Call me a snob, but 15 is the min standard I use in my scopes.
grin.gif
</div></div>

lol, we all have to make sacrifices since the economy isn't getting any better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CounterSniper...BSA...ATN...NcStar...

wink.gif
</div></div>

+1, LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheGerman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My girlfriend can kill you with her stare.

If I ever let her look through any of my scopes I think it would magnify it so much that the earth would implode. </div></div>

your girlfriend is Chuck Norris ????

scopes don't kill bullets do.

well actually trauma and the hemotoma caused by the trauma to internal organs. however, light trauma causing uncontrolled blood loss in certain arteries can cause death. so technically bullets don't really kill, but the large (or small) gaping hole to sensitive tissues caused by the bullets do. i suppose since blood loss and damaged organs shutting down isn't really the cause of death, but the lack of oxygen to the brain (the blood vessels carry that oxygen) causes the the brain not to function properly and eventually cease the very involuntary nervous stimuli needed to supply itself with the oxygen it needs. the body may go into shock as a defense mechanism to slow the heart rate and other bodily functions that such trauma may induce, however eventually the brain will run out of oxygen if the subject is not bruoght out of shock and the trauma immediately tended to. this is similiar to what happens with drowning victims. the lungs which are the only source to transfer the oxygen content in the atmosphere to the blood stream are filled with water. although water has a high content of oxygen, the human being cannot extract that oxygen effectively. many studies have shown that the human body to some extent can filter out oxygen, however certainly not enough to sustain brain function. there was a theory years ago that if a fetus in the womb can survive in a 0 oxygen environment, why can't developed humans? the answer is that the fetus gets it oxygen content from the blood that is shared / transported through the ambilical cord, with the oxygen extracted from the blood of the mother. studies have proven that soon to be mothers that smoke actually cuts the amount of oxygen that the mother intakes, therefore cutting the amount of oxygen that the fetus receives either causing physical deformities or mental retardation. so i humbly retract my original statement of "scopes don't kill bullets do", as through a series of deductions we have found that bullets don't neccassarily kill but the lack of oxygen does. since most scopes are charged with inert nitrogen that helps to keep the optical clarity, internal integrity of working parts, and pressure to help with resisting clouding / fogging, i think i can honestly state that scopes don't kill as they are filled with nitrogen.

hmmmm that brings up the point that since a scope is filled with nitrogen (void of all oxygen) and one was to be trapped inside the body of a scope, a human would not be able to receive the needed oxygen they need to promote brain function - basically suffication is eminent leading to very same effects as drowning without getting your hair wet. wet hair sucks. many believe that having wet hair in cold weather makes you sick, however this is a myth. it's not the wet hair itself, but the moisture trapped in the hair once it starts to evaporate causes a cooling effect, rendering the thermal properties of the hair itself to deminish. this evaporative cooling effect that helps the head to keep blood flow around the brain warm renders that blood to cool, just slightly. this cooler blood is detrimental to brain function and is linked to have the body go into "protection mode" diverting attention to the immune system. with the immune system not funtioning to it's fullest potential, there is added risk to the bodies' ability to fight off germs / bacteria that would normally be shrugged off. although the connection between wet hair and cold weather was indeed valid, it was for the wrong reasons. thanks to modern science and forensic techniques, we now know these things to be true. it is also now believed the reason for colds being cuaght in cold weather is not directly from the cold weather, but that as humans stay inside during cold spells, they are more exposed to germs / bacteria that fester within the shelter of one's home. without getting fresh air as one would in more hospitable climates, the human tends to breathe "stagnant" air, filled with microbes that have been enclosed in that shelter over the term of the winter, allowed to fester and mutate within the body, essentially causing the common cold. this is why it is so hard to find a "cure" for the common cold.

i once had a dog but it had died. not due to natural causes, but because it was hit by a car. that's why i am so thankful for leash laws. you see my floks just left the dog out to urinate or deficate, however he was allowed to run free about the yard and ajoining properties. one night he wandered into the street and was severly injured by a vehicle rendering his rear quarters paralyzed. upon the two choices from the vet to either put him down or have the dog lie on a cart and wheel himnself around with his front legs. the intelligent and respectful thing to do was to have him put down.

i like to kill flies, ants, and other small insects with my scope by using it like the old magnifying glass trick (holding it to the sun). it does take a little practice, but works well. the interesting part about using variable magnification for this is that the focusing of the convex lens used in magnification focuses the the sunbeam without much movement on the part of the scope.

this is a nice option to have when you are a midget as you are closer to the ground. being short and the adjustability of a variable optic doesn't make your arms tired from holding it above your head. i always wondered if you midget, how would your parents know when you are all grown up? anyway, i always thought that growing up in the great depression must have been tough. if you are a midget and have to hold stuff above your head, be sure wear a hard hat. many midgets have been known to be severly injured by holding stuff above their heads and haveing those items accidently fall causing fractured skulls, concussions, and various other lacerations. if you ever seen a midgets hairline and or scalp, you know what i mean. i have heard that midgets are now required to wear hard hats when you employ them at your chocolate factory, some new OSHA law. interestingly enough, chocolate has a melting point just below the average human body temperatures. this is why it melts in your mouth, not in your hands. i have often wondered if your cow drinks milk, would it be some form of cannibalism? what would posses a person way back in history to even try to drink milk. it's pretty discusting, actually. a large hairy, smelly four legged animal with a fleshy sack next to it's genitalia. hmmmm got to get me some. perhaps way back they felt it was similiar enough to a woman's breast milk that it wouldn't harm them, and they gave it a shot. someone must have been drunk and the other guy dared him to do it.

i bet the drunk guy turned around and killed the other guy (who was laughing hysterically) with his scope.

what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: name</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What scope do you use and for what? </div></div>

USO for target shooting (so far).

Leupold Mark 4s for target shooting, and for killing cute furry creatures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
this is a nice option to have when you are a midget as you are closer to the ground. being short and the adjustability of a variable optic doesn't make your arms tired from holding it above your head.
</div></div>

ROFFLMAO!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">uso kills my checking account, that count? </div></div>

At $4000 Leupold's new 1.1-8 CQBSS scope would probably give you a heart attack then.

In a scope fight I would pick a USO SN-9 as the superior scope for clubbing. It has a longer reach and superior weight.

Frank I am willing to pay now, to be a member of this website in order to deter future threads like this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My scope is lethal... on germs.

scope-mouthwash-original-mint.png
</div></div>

LMFAO, that was great

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/88ewpwPTA6Q"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/88ewpwPTA6Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I think you could use this as a club....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7pc-aov6G7g"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7pc-aov6G7g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

this also works.....although they tried to kill the scope and opposed to a scope that kills.

once I mount my ninja sword to my badger rings around my USO. I will have the best bad ass glass/zombie killing mechine made

EOTech
If it was good enough for the DC Sniper . It's good enough for you .

That has to be a member here who just wanted to add some fizz to the place.

Personally I'd be partial to the USO SN-9 since it is only a little shorter than the bat used by most MLB lead-off hitters and longer than the batons that shore patrol used to carry. Keep it in a QD mount so you can use it if things go hand to hand.

I prefer a good china made tactical scope they are real cheap
and work ok too.Look on ebay

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That has to be a member here who just wanted to add some fizz to the place.

Personally I'd be partial to the USO SN-9 since it is only a little shorter than the bat used by most MLB lead-off hitters and longer than the batons that shore patrol used to carry. Keep it in a QD mount so you can use it if things go hand to hand. </div></div>

"Fix bayo...wait...OPTICS!!" USO has a whole new line of advertising gold here. Introducing the new USO scope/billy club/hammer multi purpose tool. "If you can see em'..you can beat em'" (Copyright 2011, United States Optics Inc. Bera, California)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alongshot50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">once I mount my ninja sword to my badger rings around my USO. I will have the best bad ass glass/zombie killing mechine made </div></div>

LOL

Post title: "Scopes that kill"

Wow! I was surprised to see that this was the OP's first post! Who would have thought!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CounterSniper...BSA...ATN...NcStar...

wink.gif
</div></div>

+1, LOL </div></div>

+2!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">scopes don't kill bullets do.

well actually trauma and the hemotoma caused by the trauma to internal organs. however, light trauma causing uncontrolled blood loss in certain arteries can cause death. so technically bullets don't really kill, but the large (or small) gaping hole to sensitive tissues caused by the bullets do. i suppose since blood loss and damaged organs shutting down isn't really the cause of death, but the lack of oxygen to the brain (the blood vessels carry that oxygen) causes the the brain not to function properly and eventually cease the very involuntary nervous stimuli needed to supply itself with the oxygen it needs. the body may go into shock as a defense mechanism to slow the heart rate and other bodily functions that such trauma may induce, however eventually the brain will run out of oxygen if the subject is not bruoght out of shock and the trauma immediately tended to. this is similiar to what happens with drowning victims. the lungs which are the only source to transfer the oxygen content in the atmosphere to the blood stream are filled with water. although water has a high content of oxygen, the human being cannot extract that oxygen effectively. many studies have shown that the human body to some extent can filter out oxygen, however certainly not enough to sustain brain function. there was a theory years ago that if a fetus in the womb can survive in a 0 oxygen environment, why can't developed humans? the answer is that the fetus gets it oxygen content from the blood that is shared / transported through the ambilical cord, with the oxygen extracted from the blood of the mother. studies have proven that soon to be mothers that smoke actually cuts the amount of oxygen that the mother intakes, therefore cutting the amount of oxygen that the fetus receives either causing physical deformities or mental retardation. so i humbly retract my original statement of "scopes don't kill bullets do", as through a series of deductions we have found that bullets don't neccassarily kill but the lack of oxygen does. since most scopes are charged with inert nitrogen that helps to keep the optical clarity, internal integrity of working parts, and pressure to help with resisting clouding / fogging, i think i can honestly state that scopes don't kill as they are filled with nitrogen.

hmmmm that brings up the point that since a scope is filled with nitrogen (void of all oxygen) and one was to be trapped inside the body of a scope, a human would not be able to receive the needed oxygen they need to promote brain function - basically suffication is eminent leading to very same effects as drowning without getting your hair wet. wet hair sucks. many believe that having wet hair in cold weather makes you sick, however this is a myth. it's not the wet hair itself, but the moisture trapped in the hair once it starts to evaporate causes a cooling effect, rendering the thermal properties of the hair itself to deminish. this evaporative cooling effect that helps the head to keep blood flow around the brain warm renders that blood to cool, just slightly. this cooler blood is detrimental to brain function and is linked to have the body go into "protection mode" diverting attention to the immune system. with the immune system not funtioning to it's fullest potential, there is added risk to the bodies' ability to fight off germs / bacteria that would normally be shrugged off. although the connection between wet hair and cold weather was indeed valid, it was for the wrong reasons. thanks to modern science and forensic techniques, we now know these things to be true. it is also now believed the reason for colds being cuaght in cold weather is not directly from the cold weather, but that as humans stay inside during cold spells, they are more exposed to germs / bacteria that fester within the shelter of one's home. without getting fresh air as one would in more hospitable climates, the human tends to breathe "stagnant" air, filled with microbes that have been enclosed in that shelter over the term of the winter, allowed to fester and mutate within the body, essentially causing the common cold. this is why it is so hard to find a "cure" for the common cold.

i once had a dog but it had died. not due to natural causes, but because it was hit by a car. that's why i am so thankful for leash laws. you see my floks just left the dog out to urinate or deficate, however he was allowed to run free about the yard and ajoining properties. one night he wandered into the street and was severly injured by a vehicle rendering his rear quarters paralyzed. upon the two choices from the vet to either put him down or have the dog lie on a cart and wheel himnself around with his front legs. the intelligent and respectful thing to do was to have him put down.

i like to kill flies, ants, and other small insects with my scope by using it like the old magnifying glass trick (holding it to the sun). it does take a little practice, but works well. the interesting part about using variable magnification for this is that the focusing of the convex lens used in magnification focuses the the sunbeam without much movement on the part of the scope.

this is a nice option to have when you are a midget as you are closer to the ground. being short and the adjustability of a variable optic doesn't make your arms tired from holding it above your head. i always wondered if you midget, how would your parents know when you are all grown up? anyway, i always thought that growing up in the great depression must have been tough. if you are a midget and have to hold stuff above your head, be sure wear a hard hat. many midgets have been known to be severly injured by holding stuff above their heads and haveing those items accidently fall causing fractured skulls, concussions, and various other lacerations. if you ever seen a midgets hairline and or scalp, you know what i mean. i have heard that midgets are now required to wear hard hats when you employ them at your chocolate factory, some new OSHA law. interestingly enough, chocolate has a melting point just below the average human body temperatures. this is why it melts in your mouth, not in your hands. i have often wondered if your cow drinks milk, would it be some form of cannibalism? what would posses a person way back in history to even try to drink milk. it's pretty discusting, actually. a large hairy, smelly four legged animal with a fleshy sack next to it's genitalia. hmmmm got to get me some. perhaps way back they felt it was similiar enough to a woman's breast milk that it wouldn't harm them, and they gave it a shot. someone must have been drunk and the other guy dared him to do it.

i bet the drunk guy turned around and killed the other guy (who was laughing hysterically) with his scope.

what?

</div></div>

Not sure what is funnier. The fact that you wrote this or that I read it twice. Funny bro... funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buddhapapa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good Humor Guys,

However I am lost on the point of the original question.</div></div>
It was an excruciatingly over-simplistic question about what scope do you use on a unknown variable of what "mid-range" actually is for an unknown rifle of unknown caliber of an unknown environment during an unknown shooting event.
Pretty simple right?

Oh, and welcome to the hide. This was a pretty nice welcome, actually...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanPopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Zeiss 72mm can kill if I point the objective to the sun. The death ray that comes out of the eyepiece end will melt metal and set paper on fire.</div></div>

LMAO that was hilarious. This thread has "epic" potential with Top Predator's post for sure.