• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scopes with the best eye relief?

GBMaryland

Herr Oberst
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Maryland, US
    Folks,

I picked up a Hensholt SSG(P) earlier in the year and have been astonished by the eye relief.

Are there any other scopes that compare and have glass as nice?

GB

More for the hunting crowd, but Swarovski has great eye relief. Another good one is for the AR crowd is the Gen 2 Razor (1-6).

Usually Leupold is known to have the longest. Euros are usually a bit less.

I don't really get what you mean when you say "best eye relief"? Do you mean longest eye-relief? Eye relief is only important in that it is consistent throughout the magnification range and long enough that the recoil does put the ocular into your skull.

Heh.

Well, the SSG(P) has an insane ability to see through the ocular from a considerable distance behind the scope at any magnification. It blows the crap out of anything I have, which includes Leupolds, Premier, Nikon, and NightForce.

I will say the I like the NightForce alot.

What I'm trying to determine is if there are any lower cost scopes that have a great eye relief and are optically good. I'm not sure I need another $4000 piece of glass... I mean, it far exceeded my expectations, and I see that Leupold and Nightforce re offering similar units, but at the same price.

Are you looking for a scout scope?

Or are you just meaning something with a generous eyebox which head position isn't real critical?

Generous eye relief... And to a certain extent I'm wonder if there is a general trending with certain manufacturers from the more experienced.

Vortex Crossfire II have 4"+ eye relief. The Viper PST, HS series have 4.0" eye relief. And I would agree the Razor Gen II has 4.0" eye relief and an amazing eye box. Same with the Razor HD 5-20 3.9"

Nothing equals the Hensoldt in eye relief but the Premier comes close & I like my new Steiner tactical.Sorry I ever sold my Henny but maybe a new one on the horizon.

Nothing equals the Hensoldt in eye relief but the Premier comes close & I like my new Steiner tactical.Sorry I ever sold my Henny but maybe a new one on the horizon.

this is what I was about to say. nothing compares to Henny,
    but the Steiner 3-15 is perty darn nice.

DT