• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SCOPESWITCH.............. WTF??????

Docsherm

Guns Up!
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2019
DFW Texas
That is a solution for a problem that does not exist........... But it is perfect for It’s for call of duty LARPer :rolleyes:

It also requires you to hold the rifle like a retard..........

If it’s Alexa enabled I’m in.......
"Alexa zoom to 6x" .......... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Available to you for a cool $600

It took me a second to figure out this is cable operated… you slide the thumb thing to adjust, which requires you break your grip (edit: came back & watched the video - I'll admit, it looks to operate more easily & smoothly than I expected)

Is this one of Larue’s subsidiaries? This is actually dumber than the C Note

Last edited:
Reactions: plong
My first thought when I saw it was it might work well for tac ops type competition ar’s.

Outside of that ,meh. I think they missed the boat not making it cross compatible with offset and top mounts from badger or similar.

The idea itself is kind of neat. I think that this will find a place in competitions and range toys.
If they ever develop a lightweight remote switch activated one for not just lvpo but larger mag optics there could be some merit. Not for dynamic shooting but more for an actual sniper/observer team who wouldn’t have to break positions or risk unnecessary movement while trying to remain hidden. It’s a long way off though and this , like the title says, is a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. It’s a gimmick. But then again, many things we take for granted now a days started as a gimmick (not just in the shooting world).

Sometimes success comes with much trial and error. Maybe this is the first iteration of something cool and functional. Maybe it's a total waste of engineering time. I admire the creativity, ambition and willingness to risk, that it takes to get any product out there.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii

I will see your C-Note and raise you one C-Note RMR mount as the dumbest AR accessory of 2023...thus far....less than six months in....FFS

IMG_6113__46181.1684268439.JPG

https://farrow.tech/larue-c-note-red-dot-base/

So you get an offset RDS for quick transition from higher magnification to 1x, then add this for $600 to quickly transition to a lower magnification....

I don't hate the concept, the execution is a bit clunky though. Weight isn't as bad as I would've guessed. I'm not against paying for tangible benefits in time savings on the clock, but $600 to save maybe 2 seconds on maybe 10% of stages I see is a bit steep. If your matches have a ton of stages with multiple 200+ yard targets with contact distance paper in between them it could be several seconds per stage, which could be worth a lot of $ at the prize table.

I think it’s kind of neat, not $600 neat but still neat. It definitely would have been helpful in rifle season last year when I had two bucks dodging through the brush together, one legal and one not legal, during a drive.

Trying to find the legal one would have been a lot easier if I could have zoomed in and out like that instead of trying to hunt them at 8 power to count the points.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
No real need for me and lots of hype (from the same people that made the Flux Raider; they’re good at hype) but I appreciate the innovation. And I could definitely see it being useful in some rifle competitions.

The $600 doesn’t seem too extreme. It comes with a 7075 scope mount. So, there’s $300-$400 of the cost right there. Then you add in the R&D for the new functionality and small quantity production aspect and it doesn’t seem crazy. Expensive… but not crazy.
I’m going to wait and see how these go and when they come out with the electric version.

I feel like the electric option that they’re working on could really open things up. No more needing the rail space in front, and allowing you add clip-on devices to it, remote switches and hopefully to lower it to 1.54” maybe.

I feel like the electric option that they’re working on could really open things up. No more needing the rail space in front, and allowing you add clip-on devices to it, remote switches and hopefully to lower it to 1.54” maybe.
They probably will just motorize the cable so you might still need the railspace only with fixed hand placement but we will see.

Reactions: PappyM3
They probably will just motorize the cable so you might still need the railspace only with fixed hand placement but we will see.
Yeah, depends where they put the motor. There’s space in/under the cantilever section of the mount.

Available to you for a cool $600

It took me a second to figure out this is cable operated… you slide the thumb thing to adjust, which requires you break your grip (edit: came back & watched the video - I'll admit, it looks to operate more easily & smoothly than I expected)

Hold your beer, word is Larue is adding a motorized cable that attaches to the C Note and your tampon.