• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scoping a Battle Rifle (308)

Re: Scoping a Battle Rifle (308)

I'm running the CQBSS and I think it's pretty bad ass. I had an Elcan SpecterDR 1.5-6x and sold it, great glass just big and bulky.

DSC00116.jpg

I just went hog hunting Saturday and brought home 3 with a new scope I put on 2 rifles and I really like it. It's a Burris MTAC 1.5-6x40 Illuminated CQ Ballistic Reticle. The illumination turret has a off position between each of the 11-settings so you can preset for the light you are in and not have to click 1/2 way around. It has ballistic holdover points calibrated for 6x but at 1.5x you can still shoot both eyes open like a red dot. After the pigs were processed and on ice we went shooting to get the true values for the ballistic points since they were not regular set-ups. One went on a new PTR-91 G.I. on a B&T mount and lapped rings and they other one went on a custom RPK with a KVAR CNC billet side mount and lapped rings. I liked them so much I ordered one for my HK-91. It's the best I've seen for running pigs and long range hunting. We shot both rifles to 600-yards. This is their middle line and I got mine for $380 and glass was very clear and short enough to not get in the way of the cocking handle on a 91 and only 14 oz. Here's a link http://www.burrisoptics.com/mtac1.html#15x6x I would post some pics but the new Photobucket user agreement caused some concern and I did not do it so I can't post a pic unless somebody knows a alternative to Photobucket that does not track your every click and habits and sell/share with 3rd parties.

Re: Scoping a Battle RIfle (308)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The NightForce would be my hands down choce over the ACOG. </div></div>

Batteries really? Good luck using it at night when your batteries go dead or it breaks. </div></div>

If I was on active duty and in a danger zone I would chose one of the 3-3.5X ACOG with the longer eye relief. But since I am not and don't shoot at night I would and have chosen the Nightforce NXS 1-4X24.

Different strokes for different folks with different needs!

Last edited:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm running the CQBSS and I think it's pretty bad ass. I had an Elcan SpecterDR 1.5-6x and sold it, great glass just big and bulky.

DSC00116.jpg
</div></div>

Wow! Top notch right there....one of these days Ill get something similar.

Re: Scoping a Battle RIfle (308)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just my humble opinion the <10lbs is battle rifle territory. >10lbs your in DMR territory so you might as well just go full functioning scope...... </div></div>that's a true YUPPER with 3.5 power base it just a acog ...turn the power up for the range and spotting -over all win ...

Useless post<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin Chen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great post </div></div>

Seems like a Battle Rifle would be better suited with a 1-4,6, or 8 depending on how much you want to spend.