• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scoping a FAL rifle

madmikes262

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2013
SW Arizona
I have a FAL rifle with a Imbel lower and DSA upper.Its an 18 " barrel.It has a DSA picatinny dust cover along with a Mag pul PRS-2 stock.Im looking to put a scope on it one of low power 2-5 or 1-6 variable or fixed.I want to keep the iron sights .Can anyone suggest a scope and rings .I was wanting a one piece ring set up.But any recommendations would be appreciated.

Most one piece mounts are going to be pretty high mounted to your DSA Pica. rail.

I would find the lowest rings you can, that still allow the scope adequate clearance.

As for 1-6 LPVO's... I have had very good experiences with the "bargain" oriented Primary Arms ones.

They make even a FFP that is very moderately priced.... and the SFP is even cheaper. Both are illuminated, and have the ACSS reticle

https://www.primaryarms.com/Brand+Primary-Arms/MCategories+Scopes

Most one piece mounts are going to be pretty high mounted to your DSA Pica. rail.

I would find the lowest rings you can, that still allow the scope adequate clearance.

As for 1-6 LPVO's... I have had very good experiences with the "bargain" oriented Primary Arms ones.

They make even a FFP that is very moderately priced.... and the SFP is even cheaper. Both are illuminated, and have the ACSS reticle

https://www.primaryarms.com/Brand+Primary-Arms/MCategories+Scopes
Hello - I haven’t put a scope on mine yet, but my research has pointed to the mount below being the best for weight, ease of use and cleaning, and sturdiness. Also the search tool below will give you lots of firsthand credible info on mounting. Hope this is helpful.

FALfiles Search:

Mount:

I guess I could’ve read your post better, as you already have a mount. FALfiles custom search may be useful though. Good luck!

Another vote for Primary arms, they ship fast also and have good customer service. You probably know this already OP but watch for stringing as the Fal barrel heats up. Drove me nuts to no end till I figured out what was happening lol

Did you get something already?
just be advised that like many FN platforms, the FAL has a reputation for being hard on optics, so don't skimp or make sure you choose something with a good warranty. The mid-range PA scopes are pretty sturdy for the price.

Another option would be to install the 45 degree aftermarket sights. Not the solution you were asking for but used a lot on ARs