• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Score High 6.5 Creedmoor Precision Rifle

Milirad

Still Learning
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2012
Nevada
Long time reader, this is my first post.

Just received a 6.5mm Creedmoor long range match rifle (Paladin) built by Charley Robertson at Scorehi. Could not be happier or more impressed:
* Scorehi blueprinted Remington 700 action with Badger oversize knob and 20 moa EGW scope base
* Brux, light Palma, 1 in 8, 26", Scorehi competition chamber specs
* Pillar bedded action and barrel float
* Scorehi tactical muzzle brake
* McMillan A5 with Scorehi quick disconnect cheek riser system (for easy adjust & cleaning)
* Shilen trigger
* PTG & AI bottom metal and mags
* S&B PMII 5-25x56 H2CMR
* TSR low rings
* Vortex spirit level
* Harris 6-9" bipod & sling cups
* Better than quarter moa accuracy (see below)

This rifle is perfect in workmanship, finish, feel and performance. Very sweet shooter with Score High muzzle brake- can shoot all day without jacket with no fatigue. Charley was awesome to work with. Everything he recommended worked out just the way he said it would. Charley has built a number of winners in tac match and F-class including the 2010 national F-class open champ rifle. Charley is also a strong supporter of tactical and F-class including the Scorehi Tac Challenge. Highly recommend working with Charley.

Scorehi65CreedmoorPaladin1_zpsb2754dc7.jpg

Scorehi65CreedmoorPaladin4_zpsfa695d82.jpg

CharleyRobertsonScorehi65CreemoorGroupslowres_zps47461802.jpg

We were in a hurry to get out to the 1,000 yard range so I only got a chance to shoot these two 100 yard groups after break in and sight in. The two 5 shot groups were for two different lots of factory Hornady Match 140 grain A-max. Top group lot chrony was 2,710 and bottom group lot chrony was 2,740. Shot prone off Harris bipod with Edgewood rear bag. Shooter error pulled the 5th shot low on the top group. Bottom group measured 0.251" and top group measured 0.367" (top group was 0.21" without my shooter error). Groups at 1,000 yards seem to be the same quarter moa +/-. Had a couple of 1,000 yard strings with virtually no wind that grouped 5 shots at about 2.6" for first group (leaving out a shooter error flyer) and 3.2" for second group. Other groups had larger windage spread most likely due to slight wind we couldn't feel but the vertical spread was still typically about 2.5-3.5" +/-. I'm not a great shooter and just learning this rifle - so the rifle is better than these first time out of box range results.

Can't wait to shoot a match with this beauty
cool.gif
Thanks Charley!

The S&B is awesome too! Really don't need the Kowa with the S&B because it is as clear with a more forgiving eye box so no need to come off the gun. The H2CMR is also perfect for wind corrections with the 0.2mil horizontal marks. Will use my Kowa for open sight and lesser rifle scopes
laugh.gif
Bought the S&B from Melissa at MileHigh - also wonderful to work with.

Re: Scorehi 6.5 Creedmoor Long Range Match Build

Looks like I will be seeing you on the line soon. =) Congrats on the new rifle.

Thanks Vu. See you soon!

Nice rifle - congrats. Have heard good thing about Score High. Great accuracy. Fair price?

Very fair price for top quality and better accuracy than most of the big custom shops. Various rifle build options with prices are on his website. This rifle was basically the Score High "Paladin" with a couple of options I worked out with Charley.
http://www.scorehi.com/

Re: Score High 6.5 Creedmoor Precision Rifle

Thanks for the endorsement. My staff here at Score High Gunsmithing really make me shine. Its they whom deserve the praise. Score High's long time gunsmith Andy Overstreet was the primary builder of that particular rifle. I put his rifle building skills against anybodies in the industry. I couldn't be more proud to have him on my team, he is truly a terrific asset to the company. I also could not be more happy with Brux barrels. Time and again they seem to make me shine by producing some of the best barrels money can buy. Norman Brux and Ken Liebetrau are two of the finest people in the industry. Thanks guys!!!

Charlie is the man, he will build my next rifle! Must be the chili!
LOL

Very nice rifle....I have a 6.5x47L from them and it really shoots...Congrats once again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What tripod is that on spotting scope??? </div></div>

Gitzo GT-2541EX 6X carbon fiber tripod with quick release lever for leg angle. Don't recall the correct model for the magnesium ball head (have a couple of them) - will check tonight and post it. Super light and much better than a pole stand for "off the range" field work and sturdier/less wobbly for standing range shots in wind, with tradeoff being more expense. There are less expensive carbon tripods that are almost as good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cigarcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifle....I have a 6.5x47L from them and it really shoots...Congrats once again </div></div>
Thanks. Lucky you.

We're LUCKY to have him locally!!!

..and he's a great shot! He consistantly places in the top numbers of most all local matches.

Great guy and a great shooter!

Milirad, congrats on the rifle!

Score High built my first rifle for the precision rifle game, a Paladin also. I've been shooting it for a year now and it is just awesome. The only down side of a Score High rifle is you have nothing and no one to blame but yourself if/when you miss a target.

Yep, Charley does great work. My best friend had Charley build a 6.5-06 on a Nesika action and it is a great shooter also.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What tripod is that on spotting scope??? </div></div>

Linhof ball head on the Gitzo carbon fiber tripod. Here are some better photos.

TripodwHeadFolded_zps845b7c3e.jpg

TripodwHeadExtended3_zpsa314710c.jpg