• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Scored a HK P7 ?

Here are my H&K's, a P7, P7M8 and P7M13 (Hansel, Gretel and Fat Albert)

Hansel%20und%20Gretel%20025_zpsxudqvltx.jpg

The P7M8 is currently up for adoption:

HampK%20P7s%20016_zpsqepe6iyc.jpg

The P 7 PSP is possibly the greatest concealed carry pistol ever. The problem with the P7M8 (paid $850 in 1995 or so and still have it) is that the mag release has a tendency to poke you and it is sharp. The PSP is super thin. I really wished I had picked up a police trade in when they flooded the market in 2000 or so.

Reactions: kocustoms
@DXT_Shooter Congratulations and nice find! My PSP is not shot much but still a favorite.

@kocustoms mine looks the same, with identical grips, but I had mine done in electroless nickel and the slide is not polished. Great shooters that look even better!

I picked mine up around 2008 or so, when the police trade-ins flooded the market. It was a grade B that I quickly sent off to Robar.

P7 Nickel 2.JPG

Last edited:
In the 1990s, thousands of ex West Grrman police guns came in. Yours looks like one, but can’t tell from pix. They were $400 in The Gun List... 399, actually. Yes, I should have bought 10! Didn’t appreciate them back then. Silly me!!!

Sirhr

Man, you ain't the only one. I still have nightmares about that. I still remember the ad in Shotgun News vividly... Stupid me, figured on the worn police trade ins not appreciating. Boy was I wrong. They ALL appreciate.

BTW, if you really plan on carrying and using one of these (I'd stock the fuck up on mags now while you still can if that's the case) then look at the Milt Sparks VM2 holster. It's a really popular rig, especially for Glocks but it was designed originally for the HK P7 and the pistol rides high and close to the body. Conceals well, VM2 is probably the best IWB rig, period. I have 'em for Glocks and a Smith 1006 but I understand they're peerless with the P7M8.

Here is my H&K P7M13, (Fat Albert) showing some of its modifications. First of all, I checkered the backstrap @ 30 lpi. Then serrated the rear of the slide and beveled the bottom edges of the slide and the mag well. After this was complete, I sent it off for to Robar with some mags for their NP3 plating. This is my BBQ gun when carried in its ostrich leather belt and holster rig.

Hansel%20und%20Gretel%20076_zpshf73iw54.jpg

Last edited:
@DXT_Shooter Congratulations and nice find! My PSP is not shot much but still a favorite.

@kocustoms mine looks the same, with identical grips, but I had mine done in electroless nickel and the slide is not polished. Great shooters that look even better!

I picked mine up around 2008 or so, when the police trade-ins flooded the market. It was a grade B that I quickly sent off to Robar.

View attachment 7354073
Looks awesome they did a nice job with the new finish...was it originally blued?

When I bought mine in 1986 they were the same price as the HK 91 I bought the year before $600.
I could have bought a 93. The pistol was very accurate carried it in a Rogers holster that was before they became Safariland. Shot it for years and thought $45 was a lot for a 13 round magazine. I had a problem with it rusting and kept aggravating me so I sold it twice what I paid.

To answer your question -- and of course this is just my opinion -- but yes, they are that great of a pistol. The bore axis is very low, the piston-retarded gas system keeps the action from moving until the round is gone, and the barrel is fixed. P7s are the most accurate pistols I own. They are also sexy as hell with wood grips, as a bonus.

The single biggest reason I carry one is that until you squeeze the cocking device, the pistol is completely inert. The striker is not armed. You can pull the trigger all you like -- no bang. To activate the cocking mechanism takes about 12lbs of force -- more than a child can muster even with two hands. This added measure of safety in a house with kids, not to mention just being carried in a holster, is worth a premium to me. BTW, to hold the cocking lever after it is squeezed takes only a pound of pressure. You can relax your grip to the point of almost dropping the pistol before it is deactivated.

Detractors will point at the all steel design, but I and many other see this as a good thing. The piston system requires cleaning, perhaps more so than modern polymer striker fired designs, but I really don't mind fondling my favorite pistols after a session. The biggest real problem is the heat generated by the piston. These aren't pistols that you take to the range and put a few hundred rounds through without a break every couple mags or so. I have two M13s that I bought used and refurbished/refinished that I use at the range or in comps.

In all I have four M8s and four M13s. Two of the M8 have been refinished and rotate as my carry pistols. Two are unfired, NIB and waiting for my sons to reach carry age. Two of the M13s are beaters and one is pretty minty. I was fortunate enough to pick up a PD trade-in M13 for under 2Gs just a couple winters ago. All the usual wear points showed low miles and I had it refinished at Ford's in Florida. They do beautiful work.
View attachment 7246243View attachment 7246245

To the OP -- you've done it now! You've contracted a terminal disease and you'll be looking for P7s to buy for the rest of your life. Also, if you show me a pic of the other side of the slide I can tell you more about it.
OMG that thing gives me a hardon.........

Got mine from CDNN, under $500?? Thought that was expensive. Didn't realize that they had gone up in price that much. That new Alien pistol runs on the same principle and is more modern.

To me, the gun is too butt heavy for a lot of carry, with out a large/good holster. The barrel could have been actually longer- or the perfect pistol for a suppressor....

I actually 3D print a nylon heat shield for the PSP trigger guard. Actually had a version with a M1913 rail on it too ;)

I thought about trying to 3D print a plastic frame and reducing the metal to the serialized part and enough to run the slide- but the guns are worth so much now, I'm not that crazy...

Before COVID there was a guy named 'Yoni' on M4C that was looking to start manufacturing new PSPs...