• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Scorpion Evo 3 S2

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    Technically it's a pistol I guess (do I need to form 1 this if I plan on shoulder firing it? never owned a brace before and it's no problem if I need to).

Move it going well it looks like so I treated myself early on that 9mm.

Questions: Triggers, I hear they suck, alternatives? Is there a good single stage or 3 gun type trigger available? What about mags, factory I guess? Anything that makes it more reliable or leave it stock? I figure on a small red dot if I don't just use the irons, maybe a Surefire x200 pistol light if I decide to actually use it for more than plinking.

Basically want a compact host for the Mystic X suppressor just taking up space. This looked like the ticket and you guys all seemed to love the shit out of this thing so I went ahead and got the smallest one. Just wondering what I need for it, what works best, etc.

The Scorpion is awesome you'll love it.

I'm on my phone so writing is crap.

With a pistol you don't need a form 1 to shoulder it, the ATF ruled a while back it's ok to do.

If you SBR it with an actual stock, then you need to do a form 1.

I changed my trigger, trigger spring, and cocking handle, I think I got something from CZ Custom. It's been a while and I'm not home to look.

Enjoy.

Well, got down there and found out it won't fit a regular can, only works with the Sico Osprey and I don't have one. Asked about the Sig, it has a fixed barrel (WTF?). Settled on the Kriss --it's heavy but it felt really nice and I like the action on it. And it uses Glock mags and works with my can. Kinda front heavy.

It was damn nice and small though and if you have an Osprey can it's probably the tits.

Well, got down there and found out it won't fit a regular can, only works with the Sico Osprey and I don't have one. Asked about the Sig, it has a fixed barrel (WTF?). Settled on the Kriss --it's heavy but it felt really nice and I like the action on it. And it uses Glock mags and works with my can. Kinda front heavy.

I take it you're talking about the Scorpion Micro? I think you got some bad information there. While the micros ship with a faux osprey, that is completely removable and there is a threaded barrel underneath. I took off the fake one and put in a 3-lug and my Omega 9k and DA Wolf both work like a charm. I see you're in same state as me, which shop did you go to?

I will say that this tool from HBI made it very easy compare to other recommendations of using pin spanner wrench

The collapsible stock on the scorpion micro is not at all comfortable on the face, a guy at the range let me shoot his and I couldn’t finish the mag fast enough so I could put it down. I have a SBR scorpion and a braced scorpion, both use the factory CZ folding stock which is comfortable. My SBR has the carbine handguard with an Omega 9K inside.

HBI spring kit will fit the trigger, but Franklin also makes a binary for it. If I wasn’t suspicious of the Franklin’s longevity long term I would have one.

no reason to go with the micro. The regular version has a 7.7 inch barrel.

It's an awesome "pistol" and no nfa stamp needed. I was not aware there was anything better on this earth than that.

Thank you ATF

Binary triggers are stupid and a waste of money. The HBI spring kit makes it more than good enough.

FWIW, on PCCs I firmly believe that a binary trigger should be standard equipment. There's always the option to go traditional semi-auto, but if you want a stupid fast double (in a platform with damn near no muzzle rise to speak of) the binary offers that option. I've played with one on an SBR'd MPX, and it is pretty damned nice. Franklin Armory offers binary triggers for a variety of platforms, to include some PCCs.

I take it you're talking about the Scorpion Micro? I think you got some bad information there. While the micros ship with a faux osprey, that is completely removable and there is a threaded barrel underneath. I took off the fake one and put in a 3-lug and my Omega 9k and DA Wolf both work like a charm. I see you're in same state as me, which shop did you go to?

I will say that this tool from HBI made it very easy compare to other recommendations of using pin spanner wrench

Dude, WTF!? So I went to Rainier. The goddamn wrench to remove the fake can wasn't included (?) and they didn't have one. From what I could tell, the threaded portion of the barrel sits inside the FF tube. Far enough back I couldn't see a typical round can fitting it. How does it fit? How do you get one on it?

You sure we're talking about the same animal? 4.12"bbl., factory fake can, super compact? I guess there's only one EVO 3 S2, yeah?

Because I have an Omega 9k, but if it'll accept that then it'll also accept the Mystic X I wanna use here. Basically same size, can use all the same mounts if need be including 3 lug, only longer. I could swear I saw a picture online of that same weapon with a round can so that's why I went ahead and bought it online in the first place. The other thing I couldn't rationalize is how it uses 1/2-28 or m18x1 threading? Couldn't get the fake can off so...

I just didn't wanna buy it, bring it home and find out that now I gotta form 4 another can, and one that I don't even want on top of it. Whole point is to find a host for the Mystic X I already have. It's a true multi use can, but I always considered it a 9mm can and that's what I got it for. I mostly wanted a non-AR SBR or maybe pistol (can always form 1 later if I feel I need to) 9mm host. Not too expensive, but not junk either. Found out Liberty offers an upgrade for the Mystic X that brings it up to .300WM ratings... That'd be awesome for a .358 Yehti AR wildcat I think, but that's another thread I suppose.

I ended up buying a Kriss Super V 9mm enhanced w/6.5"bbl. Definitely NOT an AR! I like how it feels, supposed to have little to no recoil, accurate, gen 2's are supposed to be reliable and have a trigger you can take the slack out of with a screw from Ace Hardware. Trigger isn't THAT bad to being with actually. And it uses Glock mags which is a huge plus for me, and I can also get a 10mm or .45 conversion if I want to later on. Lots of options for front end and stock, particularly if you form 1 it.

But it does piss me off that they didn't know enough or bother to obtain that information online while I was there, didn't have the tool to remove the damn part (that's not really their fault I guess but I'd have expected the weapon to have come with one). The book was no use at all, useless information in ten different languages.

Wish I'd known. If I had I would have went ahead with the purchase. But now I have the Vector and can't really go back, I just hope I like it long term as much as I think I would have like the more traditional Scorpion. That EVO 3 S2 model is really, really nice and I love the oversize controls, etc. If I was more into 9mm's I'd probably get it too, but this was a one off purchase.

I suppose I can always sell the Vector if I absolutely need to, but you never get what it's worth so I rarely sell my firearms.

As you say, hopefully you like the Vector. I would have though Rainier would have done better. I've never used them personally but just had heard decent things about them. Sorry they gave you bad info.

In any case, the Vector is a pretty nice piece of equipment. Vector design is supposed to do great at reducing recoil and muzzle rise. I shot a buddy's Vector in 45 and enjoyed it. very low felt recoil on it.

A 10mm Kriss would be awesome. Curious what kinda velocities people are running them at, 9x25 Dillon would be super awesome.

I see Magpul just released a bunch of stuff for the EVO

I purchased the grips for both of mine, they feel good but there is a gap if you move the grip back at all. I have some mags backordered since April, no idea when they might ship. I ordered 10 of the PSA magazines recently, cheaper and available.

I purchased the grips for both of mine, they feel good but there is a gap if you move the grip back at all. I have some mags backordered since April, no idea when they might ship. I ordered 10 of the PSA magazines recently, cheaper and available.
    I got this like 30 seconds ago. Subject line says now shipping

682020BE-B439-44CA-9097-C12B98B2CA90.png