• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scorpion, MK18 upper or AR9?

I had an itch for something new... and impulsively bought a Scorpion Carbine. No specific reason other than it looked fun and I liked how it looked. I’ve been “hooked” on CZ products for awhile now.

It ended up being fairly expensive after adding all the changes I wanted done, but isn’t it always that way?

2C158BAC-44D0-4FD9-8407-7D52C41FEF48.jpeg

Reactions: SilentStalkr
I have a scorpion and a suppressed 10.5” SBR AR 556. And I say it depends what you want to do with it.

My scorpion is a pistol version. So it collapses and fits into a backpack. Handy to carry. Very fun to shoot. Dumping a 35 round mag is fun

The SBR although not quiet is more pleasant to shoot with the suppressor. A DD MK 18 has been on my list for a while but my current setup has been excellent.

Both have sig Romeo 5 red dots and Magpul back ups that cowitness through the sig.

Both are excellent and I never see a reason to part with either.

I think the scorpion would be awesome suppressed and someday will probably get a can for it.

When it comes to a range toy they both work excellent and are tons of fun with the 9mm being a bit cheaper.

When it comes to knockdown power at any range. The AR is a clear winner.

So I say get both. Never shot an AR9 but can’t imagine it blow me away compared to my scorpion.

Reactions: MadDuner
I had an itch for something new... and impulsively bought a Scorpion Carbine. No specific reason other than it looked fun and I liked how it looked. I’ve been “hooked” on CZ products for awhile now.

It ended up being fairly expensive after adding all the changes I wanted done, but isn’t it always that way?

View attachment 7355333

Isnt that the way they all are? Indeed sir, indeed. I bought a B&T a couple years ago just cause and man that sucker was some money! I have a ton if cool things but only shoot a handful. I just can’t bring myself to getting rid of any of them, as long as they shoot.

I have a scorpion and a suppressed 10.5” SBR AR 556. And I say it depends what you want to do with it.

My scorpion is a pistol version. So it collapses and fits into a backpack. Handy to carry. Very fun to shoot. Dumping a 35 round mag is fun

The SBR although not quiet is more pleasant to shoot with the suppressor. A DD MK 18 has been on my list for a while but my current setup has been excellent.

Both have sig Romeo 5 red dots and Magpul back ups that cowitness through the sig.

Both are excellent and I never see a reason to part with either.

I think the scorpion would be awesome suppressed and someday will probably get a can for it.

When it comes to a range toy they both work excellent and are tons of fun with the 9mm being a bit cheaper.

When it comes to knockdown power at any range. The AR is a clear winner.

So I say get both. Never shot an AR9 but can’t imagine it blow me away compared to my scorpion.
I really love the Scorpion more now that it’s suppressed. Pew pew!
Yes, the subsonic rounds just about drop out of the sky much beyond 200 yds, but I obviously have better weapons for reaching out! I’m running a Romeo5 on mine also.

Reactions: hafejd30
Guy at the range came over one day when I was shooting steel with the pistol. He pulled out his Scorpion. It was cool, but I didn't double plug since I was finishing up and packing when he came over. That thing is LOUD. Sounded louder than my pistol. I'd have to have a can for that one. That's what I need to focus on this year...cans.

I really love the Scorpion more now that it’s suppressed. Pew pew!
Yes, the subsonic rounds just about drop out of the sky much beyond 200 yds, but I obviously have better weapons for reaching out! I’m running a Romeo5 on mine also.

That’s the part I was referring to when saying it depends on the use. I’d love to run subsonic and suppressor in that 9mm. But if it’s a SHTF setup the AR in 556 just has so much more power. For clearing a building a 9 is where it’s at

Guy at the range came over one day when I was shooting steel with the pistol. He pulled out his Scorpion. It was cool, but I didn't double plug since I was finishing up and packing when he came over. That thing is LOUD. Sounded louder than my pistol. I'd have to have a can for that one. That's what I need to focus on this year...cans.

Mine with the shorter barrel is loud as shit. Basically in terms of how pleasant mine are to shoot it goes

Suppressed SBR 556
Scorpion pistol Unsuppressed
Unsuppressed SBR 556

This is strictly for a toy. I have tons of other crap better suited for more serious use.

Then you will love the scorpion. Comparable to the MP5 vs the AR platform

I’m sure you have an AR lower already. Otherwise the fact you can swap the MK18 upper with a long range precision upper on a 15 would be a plus for the MK 18 setup

The AR9 tuned would probably run smoother than my stock scorpion does. Of course a muzzle device on the scorpion would help that to. In reference to muzzle jump/trigger etc

Scorpion is blowback vs a gas operated AR.

Last edited:
Then you will love the scorpion. Comparable to the MP5 vs the AR platform

I’m sure you have an AR lower already. Otherwise the fact you can swap the MK18 upper with a long range precision upper on a 15 would be a plus for the MK 18 setup

The AR9 tuned would probably run smoother than my stock scorpion does. Of course a muzzle device on the scorpion would help that to. In reference to muzzle jump/trigger etc

Scorpion is blowback vs a gas operated AR.
I’ve heard it stated that when suppressed, you eat less gas with the Scorpion.

Ive heard the same. Mine isn’t suppressed. I like the compact design but may get a QD suppressor for it down the road. Haven’t decided yet

I would have to imagine that is correct. My AR SBR is suppressed and that’s gassy. With adjustable gas blocks you can control a lot of it tho. Assuming the AR 9 would be the same, maybe not as bad

I have a gas buster charging handle in my AR. Still get decent gas to the face around it tho. The scorpion would eliminate that portion if nothing else

if you dont already have an SBR, ide recommend the MK18....honestly i wont go back to a 16" anything.

the Scorpion?....eh, honeslty i wasnt overly impressed and they feel like cheap plastic crap....if i want a Scorpion, im going to get a VZ61

9MM AR would be my second choice

{These fucking whippersnappers, always with their toys....I swear if this is another askhole question...}

Here kid, here is something you dont have, tough as hell and an awesome piece.
I was skeptical, but I'd rather have it than an AR 9mm pistol. Its damn sure small. Made in USA, by real Patriots.

IMG_20181111_102330393.jpg

I mean...except the Glock parts.

Scorpion and then, when you get the itch again, you can get the bull pup kit for it! LOL

Personally, I want the Scorpion because the profile is vaguely XM8 like.

I like my scorpion carbine but havent shot it in a long time.

It thumps pretty damn hard with good 147gr HPs.

And is suprisingly accurate and never malfunctioned on me.

Recoil is like a short and somewhat stout little bump of a kick. More recoil than a tuned 556, but still very little recoil.

Cowitnessed an old holosun 503gu which has also been 100% solid.

Havent put any money into it. Trigger pack mods, safety delete, larger charging handle, duckbill mag release, etc...lots of mods out there if you are interested.

Lots of vids on yt with completely tricked out scorpions...

ETA: I just checked online prices for a new Evo carbine. Nice to know its gone up in value. :)

Last edited:
I have the S1 pistol version of the Scorpion. Running a suppressor on it with American Eagle 147's will send you from 6 to Midnight. Absolute blast to shoot. The only thing I will say is a must... get the HB industries trigger pull spring kit. Took mine from almost 10lbs of pull down to 5.

Reactions: Puget Shooter
I have the S1 pistol version of the Scorpion. Running a suppressor on it with American Eagle 147's will send you from 6 to Midnight. Absolute blast to shoot. The only thing I will say is a must... get the HB industries trigger pull spring kit. Took mine from almost 10lbs of pull down to 5.

I put the spring in mine as well

I can confirm. I’m a lefty and don’t take gas from the Scorpion braced pistol with the Omega 9K. My AR9’s are far more gassy like a fat guy after taco Tuesday.

B&T.....
That is all.

Junk from the example my buddy spent way too much money on. Very frequent FTF or FTE on various ammo. Maybe his is the lemon and the rest are awesome, but I wouldn’t risk it based on what I’ve tried to help him work through.

Junk from the example my buddy spent way too much money on. Very frequent FTF or FTE on various ammo. Maybe his is the lemon and the rest are awesome, but I wouldn’t risk it based on what I’ve tried to help him work through.

Model? Ammo etc.? This is definitely not the case if any B&T I’ve ever used.

Dang. Has he contacted B&T?
My APC9K has been amazing. I know some other guys who have APC's, GHM's, etc.. Never heard a story full of problems like that.

Scorpion pistol, folding brace, aftermarket trigger and springs, Hybrid suppressor, Vortex Sparc, 147g Federal HST-Perfect beside gun.....

I believe his is the GHM9. I‘ve been shooting blazer brass 147 grain or S&B 115 grain, but I know I also gave him a box each of AE 147 and AE124 to try. I’ve only been present for two bad range sessions, but my other shooting buddy who shoots with him weekly told me he’s had problems consistently. I told the owner of the B&T to call them or take it to a dealer who I know, I’m not sure where he's at with it currently. I know he was very disappointed after spending all that money on it.

Dang Broncaoz, I hope he gets it all figured out.

Silentstalkr,
Here's a pics of a few guns I've been training on this past week as motivation for your decision.
Left is a CQBR on a pistol lower and right is an APC9K.
brm.jpg

I

View attachment 7355333

I've looked at firearms as a down payment on accessories for many years now. :)