• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scott Satterlee Competition Talk

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Half way through and loving it!!!! I need to get to a field match. How heavy is too heavy? My AXMC is pretty cumbersome!!!!

Great listen. I like the direction you two were going and it would be great if it is successful

Half way through and loving it!!!! I need to get to a field match. How heavy is too heavy? My AXMC is pretty cumbersome!!!!
    NRL hunter series has classes up to 16lbs. They just require you to bring a 6.5 or bigger.

Enjoyed the podcast listened today.

We went through similar growing pains with F-Class in Australia, and clubs would split.

The desire to compete internationally is what pushed it mostly back together.

Great Podcast IDPA, USPSA, and pretty much everything else that becomes a game loses sight of the original purpose.

I shoot skeet and sporting clays to be better at bird and duck hunting. I owe it to my dogs to try and perform as well as they do
    I love rifle shooting but only do it so I can get better and also make my hunting shots as close to slam dunks as possible. Shot opportunities in hunting can be few and far between they can also be very expensive.

I shoot IDPA and a little USPSA again to improve my self and hopefully if the unfortunate ever happens I will be able to protect my self and the innocent. They dive me crazy at our little local matches when someone argues about a head shot to far or extra shot on the move. As long as it is the same for everyone and the skill practiced will make you a better shooter who gives a crap.

I kind of miss NRL's one bag rule.

I think I am going back to F-Class if I don't go to Afghanistan this year. Maybe a single use rifle, but the bullshit level seemed a lot lower.

I wouldn't mind trying new disciplines like F-class and benchrest, just to learn new things and open up my perspective on precision rifles.

In Australia I shot F-Class Open Division and rarely F-TR, 1000 yard benchrest heavy gun, and fly/bat shoots. For fly shoots you shoot a 300 yard group off of a bench rest at a target of a fly, for bat shoots you do the same thing at night under a spotlight except the target is a bat.

We had a lot of good nights together in Australia, but the Aussies are a great bunch to hang out with.

Listened to the podcast yesterday. I see both sides of the discussion. To Frank’s side- if you wanna beat the Jake Vibberts- shoot more and practice more. He is the goal post. We don’t move the goal post or we loose sight of the end goal. It gives competitors something to try and attain.

To Scott’s side- classes MAY be good if done the right way. Then those who can’t practice and shoot more because of time or money can compete amongst others at their level. How we get there may be a little more complicated. Scott mentioned black powder does it (BPCR silouhette ). I shoot that game and we do have classes. B, A, AA,AAA, Master. Once a shooter shoots a score that is the next class level in three matches, they move up. It is all ruled by NRA. Takes an act of Congress for a shooter to move back down. BUT, and here Is the important part IMO- everyone is shooting the exact same targets at every match. Matters not weather you shoot east coast west coast or somewhere in the middle- the targets and distances are exactly the same. So you have a standard in which to judge a,shooters performance. In PRS there are no standard matches. The one I shoot here on the east coast where I take three steps and plunk my game changer on a piece of lumber MAY not be as competitive as something out west where it’s a find,range and engage.

Personally I would like to see more matches have some practical application. The cookie cutter matches have grown boring, and that is coming from me, someone who has NEVER won a single match and best score maybe in the top 20 in one or two matches. I will never beat the Jake Vibberts. It used to piss me off that I sucked and couldn’t get a good finish. Then I realized that it is what it is. I don’t shoot enough, practice enough, or now even care enough. I shoot because I challenge MYSELF. I try to beat the class of me. I enjoy meeting and talking with the other competitors , watching how they approach the stage, checking out all the neat gear. I just chill and shoot!

Reactions: 702lineman
    Jake is not a goal post, he is a model on how to reach the goal, but he is not the end of the line

He can be beat, what you have to look at, is his training and practice schedule, that is the goal.

Its not about one person, ever, it’s about the process, the pipeline, the performance and how you practice as well as the people around you