• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scout scope for a M1A

tag_heuer

Lead Farmer and Garbage Collector
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2013
NOR CAL
I want to add a scout scope to my M1A rifle. I have no idea where to begin. I’ve looked at the vortex crossfire scout, the price is low which worries me that the quality may be too. I don’t mind spending a bit. I need some guidance and help on a forward mounted scope

Well first thing is, do you have a M1a Scout with the scout mount, or are you in need of a scout mount as well? If you need a scout mount, I highly recommend the m14.ca scout mount. It’s very light and sits very low. As far as scout scopes, I works take a look at the Burris scout scopes. They have a variable model, which I have, and I like it. I also have a Leupold 2.5 x fixed on a 45-70 guide gun that’s really nice, but the M1a would benefit I think with a bit higher magnification.

You need ultra long eye relief. I have a leupold 2.5x scout scope on mine. Love it.

I appreciate everyone’s input. Sounds like leupold is the winner here. I’ll order one