• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

screws on Mcree coming loose

kimberfan

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2012
Crescent City Ca
the screws on my Mcree chassis are coming loose after about 20-30 rounds, they are the ones that hold my the stock in place after adjusting length, also my bipod attachment screw keeps coming loose on my harris, anyone have any ideas? blue locktight maybe? i know i dont want to use red but i will if need be.

Call Scott mccree. He is a super nice guy and may have a suggestion or permanent fix. Otherwise I think blue loctite would work.

Had the same issue with mine little blue loctite did the trick

I torqued them down to 65 inch pounds which is factory spec, we will see how it does next outing, if it happens again blue locktite it is.

Always blue. Never red. There must be an application for red locktite, but I have not encountered it.
Dirt bikes ridden hard shed pieces even with red. Total lost cause without. Have never seen a firearm application for it, though.

I was a dumb ass at one point in the shooting experience and used the red shit. Lets say it was scary!!! Only took that one time to make sense of it real quick! Blue is the most you will need.