• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing SD Prairie Elk 320+ bull, Pics.

skinney_7

Hammer down.
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    On top of being a Farmer/Rancher and FFL/SOT, I am blessed enough to literally scout elk, deer, antelope, coyotes, etc. in my back yard... when we wake up @ about 4:30-5:00a.m you can hear the elk bugle for miles. A couple evenings ago I was out glassing and manged to get this nice bull on video, here are a couple still shots from some HD footage. There is another bull very similar in size a few miles north of this one, I'll get better confirmation when I break out the ATS 20-60X80 in a couple weeks...
    as always fellas,
    ENJOY!!!
    DSC00498_zpsdb5ca113.jpg

DSC00499_zpsf2f5c82a.jpg

DSC00500_zps9f6ca311.jpg

DSC00501_zps55e71412.jpg

DSC00502_zps158e2bc9.jpg

Re: SD Prairie Elk 320+ bull, Pics.

Skinney that is just awesome. I thought for a second you were winding us up with a "snipe" critter! I mean in Louisiana they're trying to call Nutrea Rats damn Water Rabbits.

How far are you from Mark and the Eagle Pass lodge? If'n I can get up that way, maybe we'll peel off and stop in before heading back to "you gotta purdy mouth" MS.

Cheers,
    Breeze

The boys on the rig here in St.John's, Newfie are digging your major league coyote shirt!

Wish my back yard had elk in it instead of squirrels and the occasional white tail. Those are some good pictures and a real nice bull.

That is a nice one, I would love to have a chance to hunt elk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Southbreeze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

How far are you from Mark and the Eagle Pass lodge? If'n I can get up that way, maybe we'll peel off and stop in before heading back to "you gotta purdy mouth" MS.

Cheers,
    Breeze

The boys on the rig here in St.John's, Newfie are digging your major league coyote shirt! </div></div>

pry a good 3.5 hrs or so... I'm West River... much more beautiful country where I live
    shocked.gif

Tell them fellas thanks, maybe "IF" we can get enough of those MLCH moral patches sold I can get em out a couple !!!

At first I thought " No way hes 320". But after checking out all the pics he certainly looks to be.

Whens your first chance to hunt him?

Looks like a big Rosebud bull to me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C.K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a big Rosebud bull to me </div></div>

He looks native too me! I will tell him to get back on our side!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackrifleops</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C.K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a big Rosebud bull to me </div></div>

He looks native too me! I will tell him to get back on our side!
    </div></div>

LOL... no way fellas, he likes our honke corn.

Nice bull, Skinny! Thanks for sharing. Makes me drool. You close to Cresbard, SD? Buddy of mine owns a piece of a pheasant hunting business there. I've been couple times. Sure as hell looked different THEN than the pix. Four below w/ 20 mph winds and snow ass-deep to a tall Indian kept it interesting. Saw some BIG elk behind a fence there, just off the road, 50 yds. away. Looked tame. Betcha that bull in your back yard ain't tame.... Your are one lucky SOB, sir!

Fun to watch aren't they...can really give a guy the itch in the fall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weasethis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice bull, Skinny! Thanks for sharing. Makes me drool. You close to Cresbard, SD? Buddy of mine owns a piece of a pheasant hunting business there. I've been couple times. Sure as hell looked different THEN than the pix. Four below w/ 20 mph winds and snow ass-deep to a tall Indian kept it interesting. Saw some BIG elk behind a fence there, just off the road, 50 yds. away. Looked tame. Betcha that bull in your back yard ain't tame.... Your are one lucky SOB, sir! </div></div>

Nope he is along way from cresbard i have some friends that farm in cresbard. Having lived on both east and west side of the state the west is the place to be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kurt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Having lived on both east and west side of the state the west is the place to be. </div></div>
    copy that Kurt.

Skinney, I'll add these shots I took a couple weeks ago beings it was within vector 4 range of your front porch. I was hoping he'd wonder over to your range some evening while the 338 NM was hot. 330-350 class bull 6x8, hard to tell in the pics but his right side is palmated at the back end with 4, 5-7 inch tines coming off the paddle portion.

[img:left]
    IMG_1175_zpsb20a4026.jpg
    [/img]

[img:left]
    IMG_1176_zps310adfaa.jpg
    [/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bbear,
    looks like I'm gonna need to start scouting with you.</div></div>

dont scout with that guy your shit will come up missing lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5150Marcelo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. Nice elk! Burgers for days. </div></div>
    That's my plan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teamor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bbear,
    looks like I'm gonna need to start scouting with you.</div></div>

dont scout with that guy your shit will come up missing lol</div></div>

Hey, I always bring peoples shit back when I'm done with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teamor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i better get a call skinney cuz i know your goin to need help packing all that protien out.</div></div>

Ya, I better get a call too when those straps are on the grill.