• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft Seal Team Equipment for my grandson

okiecat

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2008
Carnegie,Ok
I have a 6yr old grandson that is all about seal team stuff. I built him a 4X4 board to hang all his guns on in garage. Now he wants a seal team helmet. He is big and has a big head. Cant spend $200 for a helmet. Any ideas. Not close to a good Army surplus place. Also looking for one of those old ar-15 trainer rifles.

Airsoft helmet. Maybe $30-40 with shipping.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. They make "fake" helmets that look real, just don't stop anything. I knew a guy in the army that bough a PASGT version and put his cover on it and wore it in the field for the better part of the year! Was practically weightless compared to a Kpot.

If you'd hit me up last year, I could have sent you an ACH for next to nothing. But I think you'll want a fake, a real helmet could do damage to a 6yo's neck or spine due to the weight.

FWIW, I kinda grew up like your grandson. I was into army everything when I was that age. LOVED going to surplus stores.

Just get him a pair of jean shorts.

Classic. And a pair of fins and a dive knife. Don't forget the watch.

I was thinking you could teach him how to write self serving books with those jean shorts.

In all honesty probably the best thing you can do is introduce him to physical adversity and build up a cache of stubborn. You just gotta take it slow - too much adversity and you can get whacked by the state nannys. Way too much adversity and they can find the both of you frozen solid in an ice floe in 2000 years.

Reactions: DeftSystems
If you want to get him some real SEAL gear, get him a bunch of hair products and a surfboard.
In all seriousness, I would probably see if I could get him some real gear, whatever it may be, instead of an airsoft helmet. Even if it is just a gun attachment or something, it will hold value and be useful for much longer.

I know MK20 but he's only 6. Who knows how he will grow up? I just built a ar pistol in 300 blk. with suppressor. Gotta get him out with it and get some pics. He got a BB gun for Christmas but we keep having to take it away. Thinks its a nerf gun!! Gotta get him to my house in the country.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
I have a 6yr old grandson that is all about seal team stuff. I built him a 4X4 board to hang all his guns on in garage. Now he wants a seal team helmet. He is big and has a big head. Cant spend $200 for a helmet. Any ideas. Not close to a good Army surplus place. Also looking for one of those old ar-15 trainer rifles.

Let me get in touch with some people i used to work with down at the joint services dive school at NSA Panama City. It may not be SEAL fins and dive knife, but it will be genuine articles. Who knows maybe they can get one of the SEALs from the experimental diving unit down there to swim in them. Ill see what i can do.

Pm sent

Beer?

When I came home on my first leave, my little brother was 9. I brought a steel pot for him. He put it on and raced his bike around the block in it. His neck was spaghetti. After that he just wore the liner. I also brought home a parachute. It is really windy in Illinois. I hooked the chute to his wagon, put him in it, and let go! Couldn't catch him. The farmers fence stopped him 1/2 a mile or so away. Great stuff!

Recommendations on a go to for toy guns for kids? swinging and mimicking with amazon, walmart, etc.

God bless America

I’ve just went the wooden toy gun route. Takes a few hours in the shop but you can make some pretty decent looking stuff that is way more durable.
I’ve made a couple AR pattern rubber band guns that get a lot of use.