• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s SEAL Team Six on R&R...

Mustafa

Major League Analyst
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
New Braunfels, TX
GENIUS post by the Onion...
I especially enjoyed number 5, as I had a Ranger tell me about how frustrating that EXACT thing was!

CLICK!

Re: SEAL Team Six on R&R...

Number nine is my favorite. The Onion never fails to get a laugh out of me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, but that last one was un-called for.

Cheers,

Sirhr </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, but that last one was un-called for.

Cheers,

Sirhr </div></div>

I had a good laugh until reading the last one, that is nothing to joke about...

Yeah, ummmmmmmm, funny until that last one. That kind of shit is why I can't go anywhere near saying something about PTSD or my TBI without caution.

im on the fence about the whole thing but the bit about socom inline was funny

Cheers,

Sirhr </div></div>

What do you expect? Its the Onion. They've gotten their jollies more than once knocking US service members.

Well, there is a reason that the VFW was so popular post WW2. Everyone had PTSD and more than likely many had TBI's as well. I guess every one understood enough...

the Socom online yep....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kill_goose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, but that last one was un-called for.

Cheers,

Sirhr </div></div>

What do you expect? Its the Onion. They've gotten their jollies more than once knocking US service members.</div></div>

Usually, though, their satire is funny as he**... even when they make fun of the military. Their satire of the police has me in stitches every time. And they are equal-opportunity insulters: they get everyone! But that crossed the line from humor to cruel.

Cheers,

Sirhr

"Our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes them not really shenanigans at all. Evil shenanigans!"

I wouldn't dignify their site with any more hits for that one. In fact, I'd pull the link.

i dont think they are "knocking service members." i would say that they are using comedy to cast a bit of light on the subject of war. Many people act like its a football game/video game, or dont think about it at all. Meanwhile troops are experiencing things that they will never be able to forget. So, maybe the onion is saying, its not a game, its real.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully1971</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, but that last one was un-called for.

Cheers,

Sirhr </div></div>

+1 </div></div>

+1

That aint right on any troop. Much less one of the best.
Funny for a minute,then shit went down hill fast.

Nope, still funny! Their called jokes because they aren't serious, and I'm pretty sure a SEAL would laugh his ass of at those