• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

seated box jumps

Re: seated box jumps

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Not to bad for 43 years old and broken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxCQGsKt84 </div></div>
Not bad @ all!!! definitely wouldn't say broken... as 90% of guys 1/2 ur age couldn't even come close to this!!! Great work!!! inspiration to keep rolling another 10+ years for me.

Nice work! Use or lose it
smile.gif

Nice. May have to try that at the beginning and end of my workout tomorrow and see how it goes. I'm a fan of boxes. They will get you winded quick doing hop up and down drills. Same for going up a whole set up bleachers at a big football stadium.

If you are new to box jumps, the most dangerous part is getting back down. I would put an extra step or two in there unless you are adapted to jumping down 48"+ repeatedly.

I've done plenty of boxes but thanks for the tip. I usually step down anyway, no need to put extra stress on my knees coming down in one jump from a decent height.

I like doing box jumps. I feel like they help my mountain biking, especially the short steep single track runs we have here. I feel I can just power through them without looking for another gear.