• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Seb Mini vs Seb NEO?

ballisticdaddy

Deplorable
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Colorado
I am getting ready to order a new front rest and wanted to see if anyone has used the Seb Mini and how it would compare to the NEO? Not so much worried about the cost difference but is the folding Mini anywhere near as stable as the much heavier NEO...curious.

There was a few at the swn and a couple of top shooters had them, very stable and led to great scores

Actually, and depending on the base used, the Mini can outweigh the Neo. (Lots of guys have added steel plates to their Neo for stability)
Go Seb Max if you want the heaviest, solid joystick rest.

Jay Christopherson...2nd place overall at the Berger SWN with a Mini. I won a Mini at the raffle table at the same SWN. I haven't used it in a match yet but do intend to. I've set it up with my Open rifle and it is every bit as stable as my Farley F-Class rest with the Magnum base. And the Mini is what, half the price of a NEO?

The last I checked Ernie had the NEO priced at $1,080 and the Mini at $675 but good luck getting your hands on either one very quickly as they both have very long lead times.

Mind if i ask who Ernie is? The only source online for these i have found is from Seb directly.

You won't be disappointed with either of these. I went ahead and got on the list with Ernie a while back for both since I wasn't sure which one I wanted for sure at the time. I went ahead and just got both since either will be easy to sell with no loss or even a profit. The quality of both is definitely impressive. Mini for more mobile shooting and the Neo for less mobile. Not much time shooting off either yet, but I don't think I'm good enough to tell a difference as far as stability between the two yet.