• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition SEB vs Farley

Re: SEB vs Farley

I like my Farley. Everything is imperial rather than metric so easier to buy feet and parts. The Farley in made in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA. Action is very smooth without chatter. The only SEB I have tried was no where near as smooth and exhibited some chatter.

I like my Farley as well. Your choice may come down to which one you can get in the time frame that soots you. Both the Farley and SEB can be hard to get at times. I also like the fact that the Farley is made in the USA and in my state.

Reactions: majohnson2

I've had the original SEB, I now own the Farley II with Butch Lambert tension screws. Couldnt be happier!

Another vote for the Farley with Butch's tensioners.

The SEB is nice but I don't dig the idea of waiting on parts from Indonesia.

I made my own "F-Class Feet" with some 7" bolts with the heads cut off and replaced with knobs on top and 3" washers secured by a cap-bolt on bottom. About $8 vs Sinclair's $30...

I thought it was bipods only around here.
shocked.gif

Glad to know I'm not the only one.
I'm borrowing a SEB right now, it sure tames my snipetac in a XLR stock with a bench rest plate down. I can at least spot my shots after 800 yards. Beats the crap out of my POS caldwell's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dean253</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Farley - No Question!</div></div>

+100

I tried to order a Farley from Bruno's Shooters Supply, but they were out of stock and couldn't give me a definitive date as to when they would be available again. F-class state championships are October 1st and I really wanted to have a rest in time to use at this match.

So, I called Ernie Bishop who the US distributor for Seb rests. He said the Neo has an 11 month back order, but he had a couple second generation, original design rests ready to ship. This is the original design that has been upgraded with many of the same parts and bearings that now go into the Neo. According to Ernie, the smoothness and overall functionality are greatly improved over the 1st gen, which was already a very good unit.

Well, the rest arrived today and I was not disappointed. Ernie got the rest to me very quickly. It was shipped in a very sturdy wooden crate that was lined with thick styrofoam sheets and the unit itself was securly wrapped in bubble wrap. Not a scratch on it.

My first reaction was, WOW! The fit, finish, machining and overall craftsmanship on this unit must be seen in person to be fully appreciated. It truly is a work of functional art. Also, it was over $100 less expensive than the Farley

I filled the front rest sand bag and set it up in my living room for a quick try out. It is indeed buttery smooth and extremely stable. I can't wait till this weekend to try it out at the range.

If anyone is looking for a awesome rest, give Ernie a call. He is a great guy to deal with.

Well,I tried out my new Seb today for the first time and it's awesome. So much easier to maintain position compared to sandbags or a bipod. Shot set-up time is less than half what it used to be.

My groups tightened up by about 1/10" at 100 yds, on average. Five shot groups in the .2s used to happen once in a while, but with the Seb, .2s are pretty routine. With some precision reloads, .1s should be doable. Consistency is much better as well.

Next Saturday is f-class state championships. Can't wait to see how it does at 600 yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dakota_Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope the NEO is as good as everyone says. I've had one on order about 8 months now. </div></div> I just got one and have only had it out twice..I'll say its nice and shiny and its adjustments are smooth. No settling after moving the joystick. I was not impressed with the loose threads on some of the parts for the price it cost, infact some are just not acceptable. I also like edgewood front bags and they won't work with the Neo. This is just my opinion on the rest, I will continue to use my JJ for the time being and possibly sell the Neo.