• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Second cup for your V4 Autotrickler?

Jefe's Dope

Red Forman
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2017
    If you're using a second cup to increase production using your V4 Autotrickler, how did you go about it? What cup? How did you make both cups weight identical? How's it working out? Any other advice?

It's a Arcoroc 00016 shot glass with a 3d printed handle.

Edit/ you can just use tape or something to balance the weights between the two. Have a long piece with the tail sticking out. Keep trimming until the weights match, then wrap the tape around the glass when you're done.

I don’t use two cups but I would probably find two new matching containers (measuring cup) and then a glob of jb weld on the lighter one until it’s at or slightly heavier and then let cure. One it’s set sand it down if you have to in order to match the others weight.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    I bought a second cup from Autotrickler.com I just added painters tape to the cup that weighed the least, until both were equal.
    I normally only use 1 cup though. By the time I seat a bullet the next charge is ready.

Fine grit Sanding of any plastic (or aluminum) cups or their handles, in an inconspicuous place (like the underside of the handle or bottom of the cup) will usually do the trick!

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    I tried 2 cups, I think it slowed me down. Placing the second cup is more time than its worth in my experience. I just seat the bullet while it throws a charge, works for me. The thrower is usually waiting for me.

When I used 2 cups I did the tape method.

I am loading on a 550 so while I am indexing, adding a case and a bullet the powder is being dispensed.

Very rarely do I wait on my V4.

But every time I pull the handle a loaded round is produced.