• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Second HardRock Match of 2010

DocB

Minuteman
Jan 14, 2004
CSG
Good day,

The second HR match of the 2010 series will be held on March 6th. A reminder: The March match will be shot without a practice day. It is not recommend for new shooters, who are welcome to come by and listen to all the new excuses. The match is held rain or shine unless the civil authorities close the roads. The adventures continue.

The short version of the COF and rules is: 5 rounds at each 600, 800, 900 and 1k target with a 1 MOA 10 point bullseye and a 2 MOA 5 point scoring ring in 20 minutes. No sighters, no wind flags, and you have ring steel with at least one of your first five shots. Three classes, .223, .308, and AnyThing Goes.

For a full copy of the schedule and rules, please send me a PM with your First and Last name, along with your email address.

Looking forwards to seeing everyone at the match,
DocB

Re: Second HardRock Match of 2010

Good day,

So the first match scared everyone off?

Have fun,
DocB

We will be pullin up around 0800 as usual. Maybe the weather and road will be better this time.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the first match scared everyone off?</div></div>
Ronald an I was there last weekend shooting, did not see you?
We made other plans long ago, for that weekend.

Wait,... check that,...scared,...Yes, thats us,...

Road is better (thanks to several hours on tractor). Unless it rains enough for water to be over it. Water down, road fine.

GF,

I hope you and OSOK had a good time, I had to work Saturday and Sunday last. Supposed to work this Saturday as well, but that was canceled.

I'm so unhappy about it, :)
DocB

OSOK and I had a great time, thanks,... songs from past days, Re'gearing for the next AM,...doing the point man gig, an all. Best was shooting at man targets again,...did I say that?
We put names to faces, learned back rounds about many folks that "Hide" here an else where. Next year will be better than this one for sure, we learned alot about gaming plates,...

Work,..What does that word mean? Wait, that was a word I used before I retired.
grin.gif

By the way, thanks for the check each month, an please don't quit your job.
laugh.gif

won't get to make this one guys, we're giving my daughter a birthday party sat. she'll be 3. already a drama queen. but wouldn't trade her for anything.

brandon

Is there a certain time that you have to show up to shoot? I'm guessing it's about 3 hour drive from where I'm at.

Match begins at 0830 and getting squadded starts before that. You been to the match before or talked with DocB?

Opelika, AL

If you want more info get with DocB he has all the info for the matches. Or drop me your email and I'll forward it over to you.

Ken

Ty,

I sent you a email to your address in your profile I'll also send it to the Bellsouth address.

Ty,

PM sent. Please let me know if you get it.

dmg264,

As per the directions, please send your first and last names, along with your email address to me in a PM.

To All,

I request a PM so your name and email address won't be picked up by spam spiders. Just making sure your and my email accounts don't get whacked with a bunch of spam.

Thanks,
DocB

UMMMM..... those of you who have not been to match might want to contact DOC B before you come. otherwise big paleface chief of range might turn into raging bull and bring out tomahawk.!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: forrest gump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UMMMM..... those of you who have not been to match might want to contact DOC B before you come. otherwise big paleface chief of range might turn into raging bull and bring out tomahawk.!!!!!! </div></div> Brent, a little more professional comment would be more appropriate.

This is an invitational match.
New people: If you know someone who already shoots here, they have to know you/introduce you, or sponsor you.
If you are a member of another shooting establishment/club known to us and they vetted you, OK.
Otherwise, you begin the ID process by contacting DocB here on the board.
Helps if you have to have a sheriff's issued CCW permit, or some other form of paperwork that lets us know you are legal,
OR you have to come watch a practice or match and let us get to know you before you shoot on my private property (bring the CCW paperwork, etc).

Thats just the way it is.

Sorry huskey , I guess I worded that the wrong way, came out a little more brash than I ment . I seem to dig a hole everytime I open my mouth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: forrest gump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry huskey , I guess I worded that the wrong way, came out a little more brash than I ment . I seem to dig a hole everytime I open my mouth. </div></div>
Maybe 50%, not everytime... Could even be 40%...

Weather forecast is looking good for Sat. High near 60 degrees with 5mph wind.

I planned for this match last month for my first time, then the floods came.
Now it will be nice weather and I can't be there.

The range will be cold until the first relay goes hot. This means no sighting in before the match starts. After the last relay, the range will be closed to all shooting. I'll be there by 7:30 to get you on the relays. See you in the morning.

Good day,

The weather was beautiful, and the mirage was a PITA. Wind was right to left for a change, with about a 3 MOA value. That didn't mean you wouldn't see the wind moving one direction at short distance and another at the targets.

The results have been completed. I'll email them either tomorrow or Monday. If you've received the schedule, you'll get the results when they are sent. I'll make another post as soon as I send the results.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in today,
DocB

Good day,

I sent the results 1620 CST, please give your email system 24 hours to complete deliver the email. If you don't get the results after that time, please let me know. I've added all the new folks to the mailing list and made all the address changes I had before sending the email.

Thanks,
DocB

Wish that I did not have to work .Ammo was loaded and the weather was nice .

Howard