• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Second Line

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    I tried this last time in the gear section and only got about 3 comments with other guys gear so anyway this is an updated layout of my field shooting vest.
    It's fairly self sufficient with all gear needed for shooting / basic trauma control to survival
    This is entirely based around being in the field, my pack has all sustainment gear.

Might take the pack apart later today and throw that up too for shits and giggles.

Re: Second Line

Nice rig; can you list the contents and brands; like to know what model vest that is, etc. Thanks.

JT

No pancho / no bueno
    url]

Nice set-up, maybe some water. never leave rig without it.

Yup... You need water, poncho, space blanket, compass and a small billy can/mess tin with some dehydrated food. A pack of Jello works well too for instant calories.

Lee.

Good looking kit. I'm surprised that with all the threads asking to show this that and the other thing there isn't one to show load bearing gear

You have some night vision in your pack or on a weapon, noticed the IR chemlight ... I pack a couple reds but thats about it. Unless that little monocle is NV ... then where you get it and how much ...

+1 on the compass/poncho/TP/Water - Bladder on the back molle system would work

I would ditch the tubular nylon for some 550 cord.

I wrap 100mph (duct tape) OD green around my MiniMag flashlight as a way to save space - not a fan of electrical tape

Just my 2 cents

Just my

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried this last time in the gear section and only got about 3 comments with other guys gear so anyway this is an updated layout of my field shooting vest.
    It's fairly self sufficient with all gear needed for shooting / basic trauma control to survival
    This is entirely based around being in the field, my pack has all sustainment gear.

Might take the pack apart later today and throw that up too for shits and giggles. </div></div>

Very cool 96, thanks for sharing. Please tear down the pack as well. I'm always looking for good idea's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krummarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig; can you list the contents and brands; like to know what model vest that is, etc. Thanks.

JT </div></div>

I would like to know this as well.

Thanks,

-Pat

I remember that survival kit you have there, was issued one when I was playing rock apes... Don't they have a funny little knife in them that is a little blunt to start with?

Water, yeah I have a 3 litre camelbak with straps in my pack that i'll grab if I'm caching the rest.

I'll break down the other pack later on, it's raining outside at hte moment.

Nav gear is on my person, folding knife, hat.

Bit of TP in there, leaf suit, med gear, camera, water / food, tool / cleaning kit, shooting mat, spotting scope / tripod, PRS tripod rifle rest, small UHF radio, jacket, small cam net, more ammo, data book / admin gear.

We all know what needs to be carried, it's fitting the shit in where you can get at it that's the issue sometimes.

In the survival kit yeah it has the small spear knife with the lashing holes for attachment. Mine was blunt but a quick touch up with a stone and it's ready to go now.

In the vest pictured however:

Swarovski LRF + spare barrery
    10x minocular + pouch
    iPod Touch + Ballistic + Bullet Flight
    Kestrel 3500NV
    Mildot Master
    RMT rear bag
    10m half in tube tape
    super matches
    flint kit
    survival kit
    CAT
    Quikclot
    FFD
    lonewolfusmc 20rnd bullet burrito + 175gr SMK
    SOG Seal 2000 (it's huge, but it was a gift from afghan so it has a place).
    G2 + red filter
    Flash hood
    Folding knife sharpener + serration spike
    Electrical tape
    Surefire EP3's (under peltors)
    Write in rain notepad small + pen
    Petzl taktikka xp headlamp + red filter
    2m 550lb paracord for cyalume swing
    Couple cyalume (green / red / ir)
    Cam paint

Not pictured:
    Leatherman original multitool
    3l camelbak
    Nav gear
    etc.

The rig is from SORD Australia (SCS LBV Front, SCS Vest Back. Pouches 60RD Tuck / G2 Pouch / Accessories Large / On the man full x 2 / multitool pouch). With a few mods.

- - - - - - - - - - -
    This is just how I roll. Have been tweaking and changing things the last few years, this does the trick for now.

Thanks for showing the kit, it's always nice to see what other people come up with for ideas. This will help me with putting toghether my kit.

thx

http://www.sasequip.com/shopexd.asp?id=25

This is the pack here, had it for about 3 years now with no issues apart from a bulged disc :p (thanks ALICE you bastard!)
    Tactical Tailor super straps & Super belt pad.

Little Bill, pack contents are fairly standard sustainment items like sleeping kit / wet /cold weather clothing / hide kit / med gear / water / food / admin / spotter / tripods / hootchie shelter half / basic tools / signalling kit etc.

Work with your rig, live with your pack.

I use a garmin gps60cx, silva 54/6400b mils compass, lat/long ruler, silva map measure wheel and pace counter for long distance.
    Mostly though i only use the gps for getting back to an area. Ots all in the pic, just blurry.

Off ebay i got it for $293 USD as opposed to $799 AUD in stores here!!
    GREAT piece of kit, the LED backlight crapped out in afghan on my last trip though, too many knocks?

Nice, Im working on setting one up. Im looking to start with a blackhawk strike commando recon harness. Any suggestions