• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seeking 6.5 PRC Light Weight Recommendations

Obi-WanKannoli

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2020
USA
Hello all,

I have, I believe, narrowed down my short list for a new hunting / recreational LR setup. This will be a lower 48 rifle, and I am set on the caliber (6.5 PRC), and I will likely not be taking shots outside of 500 yards. I am all set with optics and accessories.

I have narrowed my selection down to a short list which, in order, includes:

1. Seekins Precision Havak Element
2. Proof Elevation MTR

My obnoxious criteria includes:
- 7 Lbs Maximum
- Magazine Fed
- Carbon Fiber Stock
- Turn Key (Really not dying to do a build right now, nor do I have the time)
- Dependable
- $4,000 Maximum

Anyone have any experience with these options they would like to share with me? Or, any other options I am missing? Open to suggestions. I have of course reviewed the offerings from Bergara, Springfield, Browning, etc. but I am looking for that "custom rifle feel" in a turn key package...which is maybe silly but I don't really care.

Thank you all!

I know it doesn’t meet all your criteria, but I have a Masterpiece arms “ultra light hunter” in 6.5prc with a 22” proof and it shoots lights out, and is easy as could be to hunt and handle in the field.

Attachments

• 01E7A239-ECAA-4358-85BF-92F43029774A.jpeg
    01E7A239-ECAA-4358-85BF-92F43029774A.jpeg
    706.3 KB · Views: 50