• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seeking Havok PH2 vs Bergara HMR Pro

caz41

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2012
MN
Which of these 2 which would you go with in 6mm CM?

thanks

What's the intended purpose? Competition, hunting, LR plinking?

The PH2 excels as a long range hunting rifle. Seekins makes great quality guns, and the havak is no exception, amd it isn't super heavy. My dad has one, and I definitely want one. It's also comfortable to shoot at the range just plinking at 1000 yards or so.

I don't have any experience with the Bergara.

I wouldn't recommend the PH2 for regular use for PRS type matches. I am sure it can work for one, but the stock just isn't ideal for that use. I am pretty sure Seekins makes a configuration of the Havak with a chassis and heavier barrel that's more purpose built for comps.

Reactions: Halo is for Kids
Between those two? Seekins - nothing I’d use either rifle for merits carrying the extra weight of the HMR. It‘s in that odd middle ground where it‘s substantially heavier than need be for hunting, but not so heavy as to make it well suited to gun games. Even as a target/fun gun, the 6mm CM doesn‘t need the weight unless you’re gonna compete...in which case it needs more weight than the HMR is giving you. I like the KRG Bravo a good bit if you’re gonna apple to apple this with the Havak Bravo rather than PH2.

If Seekins allowed you to customize LOP inst3ad of just colors and flutes and shit, I’d already own at least one PH2.

Between those two? Seekins - nothing I’d use either rifle for merits carrying the extra weight of the HMR. It‘s in that odd middle ground where it‘s substantially heavier than need be for hunting, but not so heavy as to make it well suited to gun games. Even as a target/fun gun, the 6mm CM doesn‘t need the weight unless you’re gonna compete...in which case it needs more weight than the HMR is giving you. I like the KRG Bravo a good bit if you’re gonna apple to apple this with the Havak Bravo rather than PH2.

If Seekins allowed you to customize LOP inst3ad of just colors and flutes and shit, I’d already own at least one PH2.
Does the PH2 take any AICS short action mag or just the polymer magpul ones?

I'm biased - bought a Havak 6 Creed and it's been awesome out of the box. Shoots factory Hornady 108 and Berger 105 ammo very well and also likes the 105 Hybrid and H4350.

32D04C91-492E-4613-A379-C57D16953A7E.jpeg
D60CBEDF-9EF0-4C80-94AD-47B6987F8DC4.jpeg

After only 3 shots to bore sight, here are the next 4 shots down the tube at 100 yards. 7 rounds down the barrel at that point.
EF860118-7D72-497A-AD08-292C23A9076A.jpeg

Last edited:
Does the PH2 take any AICS short action mag or just the polymer magpul ones?
Should be compatible with AICS mags in "normal" short action calibers. Only one I'm not sure on is the 6.5 PRC - they do a custom CF mag for that to get a slightly longer COL than "standard" and I don't know if they run a different mag well on that or not. My suspicion is that it's a mag mod and that the action/bottom metal is still the same for economy of scale...but, a quick call to their CS would sort that out. They've historically been responsive to me via both phone and e-mail.

Should be compatible with AICS mags in "normal" short action calibers. Only one I'm not sure on is the 6.5 PRC - they do a custom CF mag for that to get a slightly longer COL than "standard" and I don't know if they run a different mag well on that or not. My suspicion is that it's a mag mod and that the action/bottom metal is still the same for economy of scale...but, a quick call to their CS would sort that out. They've historically been responsive to me via both phone and e-mail.
Right on. I may have to call them when I get home (currently on a ship in the Gulf of Mexico). I've got a dozen metal AICS mags so hopefully they'll take those. I use them for .308 and 6.5CM. And the PH2 I've got coming is a 6.5CM. Putting a MK5HD 5-25 with the Impact 60 reticle on it. Should be a fun rifle, especially if I don't have to buy more mags for it. Thanks for the reply!