• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seeking input: need 1.7" 30mm rings

4O6shootist

F. J. B.
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2021
USA
So long story short, need some super tall 30mm rings. Mounting a Nf nx8 2.5-20x50 on a bat bumblebee. Action doesn't have a full pic rail due to its light weight design, it's interrupted, taking away higher unimounts. The action is in a xlr element 4.0 chassis. I have the xlr mlok NV bridge. Problem is the bridge sits very high. Mounting my clip ir-lr thermal puts it way up for colinier alignment with the day scope. Highest quality low profile rings I can find are 1.5" tall. I am going to look into machining the xlr NV bridge and pic rail for lower rail height.

Other option is to use .5" picatinny risers and normal height rings. Nothing like tolerance stacking to make a dumb mount work.

This is the bumblebee action, I don't know if a pic riser rail will work. The existing pic rail is integral.

Attachments

• IMG_0558-scaled.jpg
    IMG_0558-scaled.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 45
NOT looking to sell them, but I have a older set of Leupy Mk4 steel rings, super high, 30mm, 1.65 tall.
Seems the current ones are not that high....1.45 only.
Might give you a place to start eh ?

Reactions: 4O6shootist
NOT looking to sell them, but I have a older set of Leupy Mk4 steel rings, super high, 30mm, 1.65 tall.
Seems the current ones are not that high....1.45 only.
Might give you a place to start eh ?
I've found 1.7" swamp fox rings, older 1.6" xtr Burris rings. Swampfox quality is chicom unknown, the xtr are 6 screw and will hinder adjustability on the ultra short nx8 2.5-20x50. I'm a boszie bitch and being picky I know.

Would this work?

You may want to reach out to Badger Ordnance. They are great folks and may be willing to make you a set of rings at 1.70". They make a COM mount at 1.70" but it's cantilevered.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4O6shootist
Would this work?

You may want to reach out to Badger Ordnance. They are great folks and may be willing to make you a set of rings at 1.70". They make a COM mount at 1.70" but it's cantilevered.

You did look at the pic of the action....right ?
Cantilever won't work with the open space in the pic rail.

You did look at the pic of the action....right ?
Cantilever won't work with the open space in the pic rail.
Would the mount not bridge the gap? I posted the BO mount mainly to show that BO makes mounts at the 1.70" height.

A quarter inch shouldn't make a difference with a clip-on. Anyway, have you considered something like a one piece mount?
I've got some unimounts, going to see how they fit on the action. I'd like to keep it simple with 1.5" rings. Going to machine the NV bridge and try a low pro pic rail to get things lined up better.