• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins 224V barrel accuracy reports?

trob_205

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 11, 2013
    Coldwater, MI
    Anybody have any accuracy reports on Seekins 224 Valkyrie barrels? Been thinking about building an upper and know they use Rock Creek button OEM blanks and thought it would be a reasonable option.

Actually looking on their website they don’t even list a 224v option anymore. LGS can order me a 20” Seekins 224v barrel. Anyone have insight to that situation?

Last edited:
    Actually looking on their website they don’t even list a 224v option anymore. LGS can order me a 20” Seekins 224v barrel. Anyone have insight to that situation?

I actually emailed them last week wondering the same thing, as I wanted to buy their 20" upper. Here is their response:

We discontinued our 224V line up the end of last year. If the round develops a strong following and the production ammunition manufactures can develop better loads for it then it could potentially be an option however there are no official plans of offering it again in the near future.

Yea pretty much what mine said. I can’t beleive they discontinued them because federal 90s weren’t as adverted at the time but I guess who knows.

Would still like to see if any of these are in the wild and are being shot with hornady 88 elds

I actually call them about the same thing a couple weeks ago. I have a 30% off coupon and I was thinking about getting the 224V upper when I order my 3G2. I was disappointed.

Well that would be awesome. I really like my 6.5 SP-10 and I am going to order the 3G2 within the next month. I’m sure I’ll like the 3G2. I really like the Seekins platform (upper and rail). I’d like to be able to order uppers and use the rest of the lower.