• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins 308 AR platform

koz

Quiet Professional
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2008
From the pic posted in the optics section, wanted to get some more info. When is this going to be produced? Who is making the upper receiver? Any guess on price (both upper and lower)?

Thanks
nv2r8y.jpg

Re: Seekins 308 AR platform

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the pic posted in the optics section, wanted to get some more info. When is this going to be produced? Who is making the upper receiver? Any guess on price (both upper and lower)?

Thanks
nv2r8y.jpg
</div></div>
Glen is working on both upper and lower. Looks to be a DPMS type pin setup so it would work with most .308 uppers.

Looks to me like either Armalite or Knights as DPMS is radiused at rear of lower.
I'm sure that Seekins will be making an upper receiver to go along with his lower.

I asked about this the other day when Chiller posted the pic above, but didn't get much feedback. Hopefully when Glenn recovers from SHOT, we'll get some addt'l word from the man himself.

I have said before and I stick to it though...the upper receiver compatibility appears to be based on the Armalite platform given the angle from the top of the rear take-down pin, up to the middle of the area where the receiver extension threads into the lower. That is definitely NOT DPMS in nature by any means. On the other hand, that is definitely a Magpul LR20 PMAG. I am hoping (ok...PRAYING, fingers/toes crossed, etc.) it will be a DPMS/KAC mag based lower that works with Armalite pattern uppers!!

Only time will tell!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FCS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks to me like either Armalite or Knights as DPMS is radiused at rear of lower.
I'm sure that Seekins will be making an upper receiver to go along with his lower. </div></div>
Out of the three you mentioned Armalite is the only one that is different. Knights and DPMS use the same lower setup.

somewhat, kind of recovering from shot. Just need more water, got a bit ahhh dehydrated..
smile.gif

Our 308 platform will be based off of the SR25 in some ways and our own in others. There is no "standard" for the large platform and im so sick of dealing with the sloppy standard of the ar15 these will come with allot of our own parts. They are compatible with dpms style bolts (and possibly armalite). Im not even going to attempt at making them fit other uppers/lowers because of the machining conflicts. I will offer uppers at a cheap enough price that if you wish you can swap out the existing upper you have as well as sell lowers separately with you understanding they will only work with our upper. This is going to be more of a platform to build from, not a logo kit like the 15's are.

Kits will be available sometime this spring. I am working the logistics out right now. Just installed a new cnc before we left for shot and tomorrow will be looking at another manufacturing center. I will have more info on lead time around the end of the week.

SP lower 7075 billet- hard anodized black
sp take down pins (stainless)
sp ambi mag release (complete mag release)
sp dual action bolt control (complete bolt catch)
sp captured buffer retainer

All you need to complete the lower is a trigger, trigger pins and safety selector. We should have both here to sell you a complete lower if you choose, but only with good stuff.

SP upper 7075 billet - hard anodized black
sp billet port door
forward assist (optional)

DPMS or Armalite bolt/extension compatible. Not sure yet as we have our own bolt carriers in the making, still undetermined. If i can, i will make it work with both.

I will have two different forend rails available with upper/rail sets that do not use the barrel nut to mate together. Hard to explain, bit its the cats ass when it comes to a stiff and accurate upper. One quad rail like the SAR rail we distribute thru spikes tactical. Super light weight, Titanium barrel nut. The other is a triangle shaped rail geared for 3 gun and competition shooting. It will also be light weight and may have some carbon fiber mixed in with it.

Retail 650$ for the upper/lower kit. Rails TBD

make it compatible with the armalite upper and you've got a HUGE winner. I'd say just make a clone of the kac receivers. If LMT is doing it I fail to see why it'd generate a lawsuit. They're in huge demand and neither KAC or LMT will supply stripped receivers so go for it.

Guys I got to finger this thing at shot. I liked it so much I went back to his booth 3 more times just to look at it again.

Glen can't wait till these are availble!

The problem isn't a lawsuit as Im not into coping, its the fact that i cannot control the other parts that attach to mine. If there is no spec to go off of other than a proprietary one that i dont have legal access to it would be a guess at best.

Whats so special about their upper that you want their upper and someone else's lower? If you were building a precision gun wouldn't you want every part to mate up as perfect as possible?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem isn't a lawsuit as Im not into coping, its the fact that i cannot control the other parts that attach to mine. If there is no spec to go off of other than a proprietary one that i dont have legal access to it would be a guess at best.

Whats so special about their upper that you want their upper and someone else's lower? If you were building a precision gun wouldn't you want every part to mate up as perfect as possible?

</div></div>

Couldn't agree more. Good work.

Glen...Can't wait to see the rail systems. Very excited about a lightweight rock-solid rail for 3-gun that is designed for your upper/lowers.

Having seen the quality of your work, matching 308 uppers and lowers makes so much sense particalary since there isn't a Mil Spec standard.

For those who don't know a Seekins 308 rifle/system would be superior to 308s that go for twice as much.

Thank you Robin Hood... I mean Glen Seekins

I had the honor yesterday of touring Seekins Precision. Got to look over the .308 lower really like the ambi mag release and Seekins Precision Aimpoint T-1 mount is real lightweight. Sounds like it will be a few months before the .308 lower and uppers ready. Seekins Precision is also going offer complete .308 rifles with Rock Creek barrels!!!

those lowers look slick, can't wait to get a good look at one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FCS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks to me like either Armalite or Knights as DPMS is radiused at rear of lower.
I'm sure that Seekins will be making an upper receiver to go along with his lower. </div></div>
Out of the three you mentioned Armalite is the only one that is different. <span style="font-weight: bold">Knights and DPMS use the same lower setup. </span></div></div>

They share the same mags, but not the same lowers.

The Seekins looks awesome! I am really digging the ambi controls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FCS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks to me like either Armalite or Knights as DPMS is radiused at rear of lower.
Out of the three you mentioned Armalite is the only one that is different. Knights and DPMS use the same lower setup. </div></div>

good looking stuff. also this is not the first dpms "pattern" with the armalite angle in the back.

Glen makes great product. So good, I'm wanting him to make my 308 upper/lower combination. I think his is the best in the business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glen makes great product. So good, I'm wanting him to make my 308 upper/lower combination. I think his is the best in the business. </div></div>

Your making me blush.

We didn't hold much back on this one.

This video is titled Spikes Tactical...but it's really all about Seekins!!!
grin.gif

Glen, your gear kicks sooooo much ass!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoB6b-BpWn0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IoB6b-BpWn0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem isn't a lawsuit as Im not into coping, its the fact that i cannot control the other parts that attach to mine. If there is no spec to go off of other than a proprietary one that i dont have legal access to it would be a guess at best.

</div></div>

If you dont have legal access to it, how is it you make lowers that use SR25/DPMS style lower parts and magazines? Is that not a contradictory statement? Im just surprised people with a machine shops have not picked up on how much they could make by offering a quality lower that accepts PMags and will fit an Armalite style upper. There would be no infringement happening because you would be using different parts from both styles of rifles. There should be no legal issues as long as you dont use the "10" with "AR". Much like IRA had to do, change from IRA-10 to IRA-X. I just dont like it when people bash one style over the other. Armalite is better than DPMS, thats a known fact, and its just as good as LMT, Larue, or Knights. So I dont understand why it does not get as much support. The differences in design between the SR25 and AR10 are very small. I believe its just slightly different lug pin locations, and a different angle at the receiver extension threads. Please correct me if I am wrong, but how hard is it to change a few numbers on your CNC machine? Im not trying to be a dick, but you are already copying the SR25 design, and not making your own. Instead of working towards a standard, your choosing to flood the market with another clone that takes its own uppers. Further destroying the hope of a standard to be developed for the 308 AR world. Please feel free to bash my logic, it just seems redundant to try and make yet another type of reciever pattern for the 308 AR. We have AR-10, SR-25, DPMS, LAR-8, FD Defense is making one that is truly different and new but uses PMags, IRA has their own, Mega has their own. Everyone is making "their own" receiver pattern that takes SR25 style lower parts, and either AR10 or SR25 bolts and other upper parts minus receivers. I just dont see the point, besides wanting money. Am I wrong?

Glen's goods kick ass.

I have both the BAR rail and the SAR rail from Spikes. They are both top notch and very solid. The SAR rail is by far my favorite rail on the AR15, and I have owned them all from DD, PRi, Troy, Midwest, LaRue, etc. The SAR is where it's at!

As for the 308 billet lower, I too got to speak with Glen at SHOT and finger bang it. I can't wait for it to drop, and if Glen's 308 rail is anything like the BAR or the SAR, we are all in luck.

Keep up the good work Glen!

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think the problem with AR10 uppers and SR25 type mags is the upper and not just the lower. The upper needs to be modified to accept the mags.

By all accounts the AR10 uppers fit on SR25-style (i.e. vintage AR10/KAC/LMT/LaRue) lowers with a little work reaming out take down pin holes, but to accept the SR25 mags you need to do some more in depth modification. A guy who did it talks about it in this thread: http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=62&t=521503

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't remember who,but one of the guys at Ranier said he test fitted an Armalite upper on a Mega lower and it fit.That being said,it's not as simple as that.You still have to modify the Armalite upper receiver to accept the SR25 style mags.And you may have to ream the takedown pin holes a little.I bought a 308 Larue OBR lower and have modded two Armalite uppers to fit it.</div></div>

Here is another guy who appears to have done it: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=62&t=378850&page=2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Armalite AR10 uppers can be adapted to the SR25 lower. You have to enlarge the front upper hole to accomadate the bigger push pin on the front of the 25. You also have to make a depression in the left side upper for the bolt release and last remove the lower cartridge guides (2) on the insided of the AR10 upper so the magazine can be fully inserted. I did this to a AR10 carbine upper as KAC gave me a flat NO! to the question during my SR25M build.</div></div>

Here is the quote from Ranier regarding the MA-Ten that the guy above was talking aboute: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=124&t=509882&page=1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mega has tested their lower with an Armalite upper and it did function. The tests have been very minimal so MEGA can not endorse anything with the lack of test thus far. However, the Armalite BCG has a narrower cut than the DMPS so the hammer has to be smaller than the standard DPMS trigger. Also, the take down pins & pivot pin for the Armalite upper is also smaller by a few thousands so you would need to use Armalite pins. I would assume if an Armalite LPK is used, the Armalite upper could be used with this lower. </div></div>

MEGA states that their MA-Ten set is proprietary fit. I emailed them about it some time ago:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pattern we used for the MA-TEN set is proprietary to Mega-Arms. The lines match perfectly to our upper and lower only. We did this for the reason of nobody else's are the same. The is a distinct difference between Armalite and DPMS lowers. Both will function, just not match. Go to our website and look at the close up pictures of the set. You will see the differences in am talking about. We are waiting to see samples from our forgers. They said they have samples for AR-10 forgings. So check back with me periodically.

Thanks,

Jason Curns
Mega-Arms
Firearms Sales Manager
1-360-357-5372 Office
[email protected]
[email protected]
www.megaarms.com
www.megamachineshop.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: question re MA Ten compatability

Hello, I have some question about your MA Ten matched set.

I understand that they come in a matched set, but I wanted to know if
upper to lower fit was SR25 pattern (or original Armalite AR10/LMT
MWS/Larue OBR) or something else. Basically I would like to be able to
swap uppers and lowers between a MA Ten build and a MWS. Wanted to make
sure that they would fit/would be compatible.

Also I wanted to know if there were any plans in the future to offer
forged uppers/lowers in the MA Ten pattern.

Thanks!

Dom
</div></div>

Seekins looks to be making the same statement with their set. As he said above, for liability reasons they don't want to be responsible for what people attach to their uppers and lowers. Thus call it proprietary and make no guarantees about compatability.

LPK issues aside, if the Seekins uppers and lowers function with SR25 style uppers and lowers, as the MA-Ten is <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">rumored</span></span> to do, I think alot of people will be very happy.

I was never trying to question the quality of the products, just that specific statement he made. I just wish the industry could agree upon a standard. Basically at this point, almost all internal operating parts are interchangeable between the AR10 and SR25, most lower parts, bcg can be swapped but I think you would have to use a Armalite or DPMS specific bolt and firing pin, but the carrier can be swapped. The only point in these custom receivers is for looks. Both the SR-25 and AR10 have well proven designs. Companies like Mega, Seekins, IRA, and others, are just capitalizing on the fact people want something different. Flooding the market with more "proprietary" copies does more damage to the industry than good IMO. Atleast FD Defense is taking a relatively different approach. If they ever finish the damn things. I just dont think its right to copy another design, change just the looks of it, and call it proprietary. Maybe if they looked radical like his AR15 lowers, I would be impressed. But this just seems like an attempt to cash in on the 308 roar going on.

Damage to the industry? Exactly how is that? What does my SCAR have comonality with? Should I expect ACR parts to fit it? Armalite just as good as LMT? How ya figure that? Please show me the Armalite with a monolithic rail! I sold my GAP Armalite AR10T for my LMT because I prefer Monolithic rails. I think the LMT is better by far. Who cares about the upper reciever, its practically the cheapest main part on the rifle! Pick which mag type you like and march on. I think it GREAT for the industry that there are more than 3 308 AR pattern rifles to choose from. Want Armalite pattern mags, go armalite, Aero, IR-10x-a or Noveske, want KAC style go everyone else. If you think Armalite is the best buy that. Until you present some logic on how this is damaging to the industry Im calling it BS.

Think about it, there is no standard with the 308 ARs. The more companies that come out with "proprietary" copies does nothing but cause you to buy both of their receivers at a ridiculous price, then buy everything else from the Armalite, or KAC, or whoever, to make your rifle work. The more "proprietary" designs, the less chance of a standard being developed, which is why I think its damaging the industry. Whats the point of spending 700$+ on a set of billet receivers? They wont help much with actual accuracy. Its all for looks, then you have to buy all the stuff from another manufacturer to complete your "custom" copy. The SCAR was a bad idea. ITs a great rifle sure, but because of the lack of modularity, SOCOM cancelled the replacements. The only thing that makes the LMT better than Armalite is the monolithic rail, but Armalite is already in the making of a SPR-Mod1 style upper for the 308s. So LMT wont be the only one with a monolithic rail. Like I said before, Seekins is offering nothing new, nothing better than everything out there. From the OP's picture, its looks plain jane. If he made it look radical, styled and want not like his AR15 lowers, Id be impressed. But offering a plain looking lower, that is "proprietary", is just plain pointless. ITs just an attempt to make money off the 308 AR craze, and nothing more. That is why it is damaging to the industry. If you dont agree, so be it. Most of us live in free countries, so you go ahead and voice your opinion. I just think its kind of pointless offering yet another different 308 AR that is just a copy.

Also, a stock Armalite can hold its own just fine with an LMT 308. Accuracy is just about the same, but then again it really all depends on the shooter. LMT offers the better rifle simply because of the mono rail. Not because of performance, or reliability. The LMTs I have handled did have a bit better finish. I wont argue the fact LMT makes great rifles. Just the MWS 308 does not perform well enough to justify the price. The SASS out performs the MWS for only 200$ more. Thats my point.

Ram, I gotta ask, what do you own and shoot. Because your statements are starting to sound a like internet regurgitation! You clearly have no understanding of the goal of these makers. Shiny new paint and graphics is not the goal here. Improvements in the system are in areas of regidity and operation. Again, show me the Armalite with an Ambi mag release! And Im not bashing armalite as inferior, just a different feature set.

Your statements seriously have me questioning your experience level because they lack a true understanding of the subject matter.

" ITs a great rifle sure, but because of the lack of modularity, SOCOM cancelled the replacements."
Check your facts, this statement is wrong.

"If he made it look radical, styled and want not like his AR15 lowers, Id be impressed."
So shiny paint and graphics DOES work for you!

"LMT offers the better rifle simply because of the mono rail. Not because of performance, or reliability. The LMTs I have handled did have a bit better finish. I wont argue the fact LMT makes great rifles. Just the MWS 308 does not perform well enough to justify the price. The SASS out performs the MWS for only 200$ more. Thats my point."
How do you figure the SASS outperformes the LMT. For who exactly? They are different rifles with a different focus and different abilities. For ME its a no brainer because I like the ability to switch calibers easily so for your stated 200 bucks less, I get a whole different capability the SASS cant even do! I have had 2 armalites and the MWS. For my wants and needs right now, the MWS is best FOR ME.

"The more companies that come out with "proprietary" copies does nothing but cause you to buy both of their receivers at a ridiculous price"
I dont know what Jedi Mind Trick works on you but no one makes me buy anything. I select based on the features, capabilities and other criteria that are important to me. They are ALL copies of the Stoner design in one way or another, including armalite.

I still dont see any clear logic on how other companies coming out with there 308 platforms that have some parts commonality with other 308 ar manufacturers has ANY negative impact whatsoever. Should I require my chevy to be able to accept ford pattern rims? Maybe the transmission from a vet should also be able to fit in a mustang GT? Why exacly is it you think a 308 standard is needed? Buy the one that fits your needs and that you consider to be the standard. If you have done so then why would you care at all if I want one that is different than yours because I had a different need? I happen to believe that Seekins will in fact be able to produce an upper lower combo that will appeal to my sense of precision tolerances and desire to have greater regidity for a prececion build. I can tell you for a fact that my precision build will NOT be based on an armalite. That has nothing to do with armalite quality. It has everythig to do with seeking different features than what they offer.

Lastly, the justification of price is a personal matter. What you may not be able to justify, I may easily justify. AT least in my builds, the upper and lower is only 20% of the overall cost. Its nearly insignificant plus or minus 10%.

Guys, This isn't helping me in any way.

Im not coping any more than every single other person that built a AR based anything after Stoner did the first one so please, dont accuse me of it. Look at all our products and find something copied from someone else. You wont, other than what the part does. On some things there are only a couple ways to make a cut, so keep that in mind.

Im not into making our guns into a snap together bullet sprayer built to some imaginary spec that doesn't exist nor will ever exist. If there was going to be a spec it would already be in place and off the SR25. If i built it to accept a different upper and then they changed theirs then what? I cant control the MFG spec of another builder. Maybe they are more into making money than a quality part. Then people will complain because their x upper is loose or too tight on our lower. Either that or they will complain because the lines of the upper dont match. I can go on and on from the issues we have had with the AR15 "spec" parts.

We will have features that no one else does, Priced reasonably, held to a extremely high manufacturing standard and it wont be a copy.

Anyone who knows Glen knows that he is not willing to make a product that is "industry standard", it has to exceed the standard or its already been done. Making a lower or upper with enough slop factor in the machine work to ensure it will run on any other mil spec part is no way to ensure a perfect fit. The only way to ensure your upper and lower will fit properly is to have a proprietary upper/lower.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem isn't a lawsuit as Im not into coping, its the fact that <span style="font-weight: bold">i cannot control the other parts that attach to mine. If there is no spec to go off of other than a proprietary one that i dont have legal access to it would be a guess at best. </span>

Whats so special about their upper that you want their upper and someone else's lower? If you were building a precision gun wouldn't you want every part to mate up as perfect as possible?</div></div>

Kirk R

Seekins is top notch, i've had some of his stuff, and some stuff he does for spikes and never had a problem with any of it.....keep up the good work

I promise you dont want SN#1 You can see it in the pic above, but there will be some changes so uhhhh....It will work
smile.gif

If you want to get on the list just do a online order for a 308 kit. It will come with all the stuff listed above.

I do NOT have a eta, but will be vigorously working on them so they will be available as soon as im happy with everything.

If I didn't want one of your 308 versions before Glen, I definitely do now. Yours will definitely be the one I save up for. With my shooting abilities, I'm sure I'd be just as happy with any other clunker.

As a machinist student, I have great respect for the precision work you're doing for us though, and this thread sold me. Looking forward to having enough money to place an order!

Shane, I understand you point completely. I am out of line saying its just a copy. To each his own and what works for him. I own an Armalite, I know its nothing fancy, I know the LMT is far better than my stock Armalite, for many reasons besides the mono rail. But you are right, for something I may not be able to justify, 1 or maybe 1000 others will.

So I am wrong with my logic, it is out of place. They are all copies of the original Stoner design, and I apologize to heatseekins for slandering your product in anyway. You make a point that cant be argued. Its better to get 2 parts made for each other than try and match 2 separate designs.

shiny paint and graphics do not work for me. I just like Seekins AR15 lowers because they are different. They have an appealing design to could be considered shiny and graphic, but not why I like them. Thats why I kinda was expecting a little more in the design aspect from Seekins and the 308 lower just doesnt stand out amongst the many others, besides bearing the Seekins name and badge. I have not seen the uppers, so maybe my opinion will change when I see a set. IRA had my hopes up with a billet Armalite lower, but they have not been doing well and I had too many issues with my lower I got from them.

But you all have proven my logic wrong, and everyone has their own prerogatives and criteria to meet. I personally would like an upper/lower combo out of billet for my AR10 mags, but Ill just have to wait. So again, I apologize for being dickish.

I thought they did cancel the SCAR because it offered no real advantage over the M4/M16 and they also could not afford to restock their arsenal to accommodate for extra parts and what not. They mentioned that in one of my gun mags, Ive seen a few articles about the SCAR stating the same, Ill find them again and post here and you can give me your opinions. Why else would they have canceled the SCAR? Our country is broke.

Also, you can put a Corvette tranny in a GT Mustang, just not the new crap. All you need is a cutting wheel and a welder. You cant use cars and trucks as a comparison to AR15s and AR10s. You cant just start welding and cutting crap off your guns, some guns sure, made of steel. But not the aluminum they make these out of. You might be able to tig weld some stuff, but it would be very risky. But you are right about the rest of your stuff. Armalite does not get much support from the aftermarket industry. You can have an ambi safety and thats about it, no slick slide uppers, side chargers, nothing like that. Which kinda sucks, but oh well. Atleast I got rock solid mags!

Thanks Glen for the Gen II swap with my early GI.

I appreciate your top tier support, and am fortunate to run your products.

Continued success

Ram, I appreciate you standing up and saying what you did. You have earned my respect for that
smile.gif

On the SCAR, here I may be speaking out of my lane but I believe its a number of reasons. Budget being one of them. But I believe the other, and one that makes a boat load of sense is the SCAR that goes both ways. In other words it can be a 5.56 or a 7.62 making the 5.56 only unit perhaps not the best to spend the money on at this time. That entire situation seems several layers convoluted though so who really knows.

Glen is the man.

Close to home, too.

Now all he needs to make is a piston system to go with it !!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Waiting impatiently
</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RUTGERS95</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Waiting impatiently
</div></div>

+1 </div></div>

+ 100000 I might be more excited than you guys
smile.gif
Building a couple 700 uppers right now, then i can build these lowers. Still half way on schedule for April.

Rails, They will work with our new rail (soon to be released) and any other rail system that is SR25 height.

Saying that Armalite is the "same" as KAC is not accurate. A fine weapon, but not the peer of the ar-10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ram4X4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem isn't a lawsuit as Im not into coping, its the fact that i cannot control the other parts that attach to mine. If there is no spec to go off of other than a proprietary one that i dont have legal access to it would be a guess at best.

</div></div>

If you dont have legal access to it, how is it you make lowers that use SR25/DPMS style lower parts and magazines? Is that not a contradictory statement? Im just surprised people with a machine shops have not picked up on how much they could make by offering a quality lower that accepts PMags and will fit an Armalite style upper. There would be no infringement happening because you would be using different parts from both styles of rifles. There should be no legal issues as long as you dont use the "10" with "AR". Much like IRA had to do, change from IRA-10 to IRA-X. I just dont like it when people bash one style over the other. Armalite is better than DPMS, thats a known fact, and its just as good as LMT, Larue, or Knights. So I dont understand why it does not get as much support. The differences in design between the SR25 and AR10 are very small. I believe its just slightly different lug pin locations, and a different angle at the receiver extension threads. Please correct me if I am wrong, but how hard is it to change a few numbers on your CNC machine? Im not trying to be a dick, but you are already copying the SR25 design, and not making your own. Instead of working towards a standard, your choosing to flood the market with another clone that takes its own uppers. Further destroying the hope of a standard to be developed for the 308 AR world. Please feel free to bash my logic, it just seems redundant to try and make yet another type of reciever pattern for the 308 AR. We have AR-10, SR-25, DPMS, LAR-8, FD Defense is making one that is truly different and new but uses PMags, IRA has their own, Mega has their own. Everyone is making "their own" receiver pattern that takes SR25 style lower parts, and either AR10 or SR25 bolts and other upper parts minus receivers. I just dont see the point, besides wanting money. Am I wrong?</div></div>

Making a magazine fit is one thing. Its all just clearance. I don't want to deal with customers that will complain about how loose or tight their X brand upper fits onto our lower. I deal with it already on the 223 stuff and there is a spec! I also have plans to make the system better than what currently exists. It wouldn't be toy to sell your old upper if everyone likes them so much.

Looking at the lower it looks like an AR10 style. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'm looking forward to getting a set.