• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Seekins and TPS rings

Flyingbullseye

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 24, 2010
    Michigan
    Alright I could use some insight regarding some rings, or the comparisons people have one towards the other. Currently I have a set of steel TPS medium rings on my R700. When I mounted them I noticed they seemed slightly high but shooting off the bench it never made a difference.

Now as I'm doing some prone, will be doing that more often than bench, it has become pretty clear that the mediums are just a wee bit too high. I'm looking at the seekins high and the lows for TPS, both nearly the same height. No one has the steel TPS in stock so I'm now having to go with the aluminum with both. Both are quality rings and with the difference in price about thirty some dollars we are not talking much between them.

During my searches the consensus was that seekins were better quality rings while the TPS are better bang for your buck.

Hoping to avoid a pissing match and the "I like them/have them mounted on my X scope" idiot post but wanting to get more specific information as to why people see the seekins as better quality. What about the fit, finish, construction is it about them over the TPS? I really don't have a preference for one over the other and do like the current rings but as stated before they are just too high.

As previous stated I'm really hoping to get specifics rather than just some emotional go with the whatever kind of discussion.

Flyingbullseye

Re: Seekins and TPS rings

Seekins are machined to higher standards then the TPS and have a better finish. The major advantage with the Seekins is the fact that they are a matched set. Assuming your rail is straight/flat you will not need to lap the Seekins. They also don't have the large bolt sticking out the side which some shooters prefer. Nothing wrong with the TPS but Seekins are superior in every way.

What those two have said. Go with the Seekins and don't look back. Once you get a set in your hands you will see.

I have one set of Seekins rings and the finish and attention to detail are amazing. While you can get good rings from a number of manufacturers, I doubt they'll match up with Seekins.

But the primary reason that I am a fan and will be in the future is their customer service. I screwed up my set on my own and they took care of me when (in my opinion) they owed me nothing. Top notch quality and people. Now if only they did a canted one piece mount.....

i have seekins lows on my gun right now, and have some TSR's on the way..i'll compare them when they arrive in the next day or so

the one thing i can go ahead and say before even seeing the TSR's in person is that there's NO DAMN WAY they have have as nice of hardware as the seekins. the t30 torx heads are friggin AWESOME...no more stripping hex's out for me!

If you do indeed decide to go with the Seekins rings, shoot me an email or let me know and I'll get you the best price on them. They are definitely a quality piece and the Seekins crew are good folks to support as well! Thank you.

Mike

I have both TPS and Seekins and I must say Seekins is better quality. I had a gut feeling that the TPS rings would somehow break or strip some screws or something and I still have that feeling but with Seekins I dont have that feeling at all. I know this is super subjective but also keep in mind that if the Seekins were to fail on you, the Seekins customer service is much MUCH better than TPS's. From what I have read on here, Seekins backs their products up 100%. I have read that TPS is really hard to get a hold of.

I found that if you follow the instructions that come with the TPS rings they will not give you any problems what so ever. I have owned TPs for a little over a year. I just sold a illuminated SWFA SS HD and when I took off the scope after quite a few rounds not one ring make. I wiped the scope and it was like when I got it brand new.

My TPS rings were on a 300 win mag. I also have these rings on my .308 win not one issue. I did own Seekings to and yes they are well made and can't say anything bad about them. About customer support though yes Seeking is better, but I never had rings that I needed to contact CS for. I would say either sets of rings are good to go.

One last thing I have never broken scope ring screws or bolts. Use the right torque and you will never fail. Most crap happens when wrong tools are used and people just don't know how to put stuff together. Right tools for the right job. Oh and blue loktite no other color!

Aron-

Ps I can post pics of the scope to show that there were no ring marks.