• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins AR15 6mm ARC anybody

holy cow

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 22, 2010
    South East Ohio
    I have been looking at and thinking about buying a Seekins 6mm ARC for some time and trying out a new caliber. For the people who have bought these how do you like it and have you ran into any issues with the rifle? I have had several of their AR15 223 rifles over the years and really like their rifles and the quality of them.

Reactions: JS8588
    They use a rifle length gas and a 22” barrel. Proof uses a rifle +1 in a 20”. This makes me question Seekins choice. It wouldn’t be the first time they screwed the pooch.

I started basically this same thread in this sub forum a while back and didn’t get any info. Maybe this time it will be different. I’m watching.

Reactions: bigjake83
    Thanks for the info. When it comes to +1 and different lengths I am a bit lost on what works best and is reliable. New to the caliber. I would guess for as long as it has been out their should be a good working combo that would be standard and be reliable. I am assuming I would want an adjustable gas block to fine tune it. I am not looking to have anything built from parts. I would prefer a out of the box and ready to go. I have had several AR15 223 Seekins and they ran excellent. I am hoping their 6 ARC would be the same.

I think most guys experimenting with this caliber are building their own since all it takes is a barrel and bolt and you can convert any standard AR15 rifle or build just the upper and slap it on an existing rifle lower.

I have been looking at and thinking about buying a Seekins 6mm ARC for some time and trying out a new caliber. For the people who have bought these how do you like it and have you ran into any issues with the rifle? I have had several of their AR15 223 rifles over the years and really like their rifles and the quality of them.

Thanks for the info. When it comes to +1 and different lengths I am a bit lost on what works best and is reliable. New to the caliber. I would guess for as long as it has been out their should be a good working combo that would be standard and be reliable. I am assuming I would want an adjustable gas block to fine tune it. I am not looking to have anything built from parts. I would prefer a out of the box and ready to go. I have had several AR15 223 Seekins and they ran excellent. I am hoping their 6 ARC would be the same.
    I shoot a 6ARC BA with an Aero Precision upper and lower and 15" enhanced hanguard. The barrel is 22" BA premium series with a rifle gas system, I run a Superlative Arms adjustable .875 gas block and my gun has cycled flawlessly through 1500+ rounds. I would say the Seekins should do the same, they make great products and rifle gas will be just fine with a 22" barrel. By the way I'm shooting 105 Berger VLDs @ 2750+/- under 29.8 grains of LEVERevolution seated @ 2.295 . Very accurate out to 1200 + yards. 1000 yard steel is a cake walk. You'll love your little Bad Ass AR in 6ARC, alot of fun and very accurate

Reactions: BA226
    You should by one - it is a high quality build for a very reasonable price. I just got one took it out for the first trip and it is a hammer with Hornady Black 105s. Sub Moa at 100 and held MOA out to 1000. My speeds were a little less than planned at 2625 avg.

Only issue I had is it runs great with a brake, but is way over gassed with my Ultra 7. It has their low profile adjustable gas block. I wanted the selectable lever one, but the rifle gas system is under the hand guard. I don’t mess with the tune yet, but might try for the best tune for both or cut back the handguard so it can set the lever one right at the end.

Reactions: BA226