• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins AR15 lowers...

500grains

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
dirt nap
So I am thinking of getting a Seekins billet lower for an AR-15 SPR 18" build. Other than having more metal and looking nice, is there an advantage in them? For example, does their greater rigidity result in less action flex and thus more accuracy?

38ffe1d24d9255d9d31dca4f85744027.jpg

Re: Seekins AR15 lowers...

No Lower is going to give you any better accuracy. They are pretty much all the same besides the name.

some of the Billet ones are more rigid but its not going to give you any better accuracy at all.

Your just paying for the look and the name.

no advantage at all.

they do make your pecker look bigger though. i like the seekins design, its new and a different take on something we all have gotten used to. just like anything in this game, is it worth it to you? there are other billett lowers out there, but none as different than seekins. is a DD quad rail any better than a YHM quad? its more expensive, but is it better? id say use the seekins if you can afford it

whats with the extra holes where the grip screws go? one to adjust the tension on the upper, one for the grip and a third to use a set screw for trigger travel? of just drilled for weight reduction?

It's a damn beautiful lower to my eye, the french recurve of the magwell and trigger guard is subtle beauty.

Typical beautiful Seekins CNC work too. Pricy, but what's $150, when you can have a different beauty?

Overall, I still like the Seekins lower better by a wide margin.

I have a Sun Devil Billet lower and it is good, but not as good looking as the Seekins.

Sun+Devil+Detail+3.jpg

SI Defense makes one but it is plane Jane:

sonju-left.jpg

Bartlett has a similar one:

866338.jpg

TSK:

pix56033015TKS.jpg

Denny's:

ULTIMATELEFT.jpg

C3 Defense:

00-5-15-09-0265.jpg

Mega:

mega.h2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait until you guys see our .308's
smile.gif
</div></div>

What a tease!!! When??

<span style="font-size: 11pt">soon we hope ............and Glenn will send info again for
our sales department</span>

What about the Larue BilletSet? They are one of the best if your talking about uppers/lowers.

I usually try to get a Vltor MUR or Larue upper for my builds if they are in stock anywhere and any lower my local gun store has in stock. I dont want to go thru the wait and hassle trying to order a lower thru an FFL. I just get what they have. Like I said they are not going to give you any advantages over anything but to look cool.

P7299880.jpg

P1018390.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">The POF Gen I sand GEN II are nice too:</span>

7d10515d003e8be318a83b5bff502084.jpg

e13ebdc08f0e027cf6b4b0beadc9b201.jpg

Would like Seekins to make a MATCHED upper and lower and sell them as a set like RR does. The Seekins unit is awesome and to try to match a upper would be a hit and miss for that just right fit .The Billet/Reinforced type UPPER is much more inportant to the platform when using anything over a 18" barrel or when using a Bullbarrel. Build a Set factory matched(side handled???) and I'll sell blood or at least make my wife sell some L.O.L Great lower just take it to the next level. A Match type lower pasts kit with upgraded trigger/springs/mcfarland rings ect would sure be better that a brand x kit that you throw half away just to get the small shit.
Scot
P.s. My kid will sweep floors and make coffee runs ALL summer just send me his pay in the form of pasts.

stay with seekins, fala shoo lroo wont do dealers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would like Seekins to make a MATCHED upper and lower and sell them as a set like RR does. The Seekins unit is awesome and to try to match a upper would be a hit and miss for that just right fit .The Billet/Reinforced type UPPER is much more inportant to the platform when using anything over a 18" barrel or when using a Bullbarrel. Build a Set factory matched(side handled???) and I'll sell blood or at least make my wife sell some L.O.L Great lower just take it to the next level. A Match type lower pasts kit with upgraded trigger/springs/mcfarland rings ect would sure be better that a brand x kit that you throw half away just to get the small shit.
Scot
P.s. My kid will sweep floors and make coffee runs ALL summer just send me his pay in the form of pasts. </div></div>
Thay are building a matched upper and lower its just going to be a little while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Billet/Reinforced type UPPER is much more inportant to the platform when using anything over a 18" barrel or when using a Bullbarrel. . </div></div>

Why would a billet/reinforced type upper be more important to the platform rather than having a regular upper reciever. What does the length of the barrel have to do with anything. So your telling me if I have 20" Bull Barrel and a Billet upper I have an advantage over someone that has the same barrel but a regular upper reciever. <span style="text-decoration: underline">There is no difference</span>, its not going to give you better accuracy having the billet upper over the regular upper. If it did everybody would have a billet upper on their AR. I dont know what you mean by "Much more important".

If it does make a difference and is much more important like you say, I would lke to hear why and what benefit does it have over a regular upper?

I'll tell you the only differences:

1.) More rigid because of the billet.
2.) It looks cool.

Thats it!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Having a billet upper over a regular upper <span style="text-decoration: underline">with any length barrel </span>is not going to make you shoot any better. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about the Larue BilletSet? They are one of the best if your talking about uppers/lowers.
</div></div>

Last time I checked with Larue they would only sell a stripped lower to people who could prove that they had purchased a Stealth upper from Larue. Perhaps that has changed. (And the Seekins lower still looks cooler.
smile.gif
)