• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Seekins DBM

andy52887

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2012
Shreveport,LA
I finally got my DBM in this week and was able to get on the mill to inlet it into my HS Precision stock.I got it fitting nice and just needed to get the right depth for proper feeding.The kit comes with 2 aluminum pillars so what I did was take the measurements from the pillars and figured that was the right depth.Well of course I was wrong because when the dbm was installed the screws were way to short and the magazine was not locking into place.So I looked everything over and felt since the screws were so short I needed to cut it a little deeper well now the magazine was hitting the bottom of the action and it was binding again.So what I did was get some washers and played with the amount till I finally got the action to bolt down properly.There were some instructions and it even showed that the bottom of the stock should be at flush with there dbm and there is no way that was happening.So have any of you guys installed the seekins dbm with the same results or could figure out what went wrong?I hate that I have to use a spacer now to make it feed right and would like to fill in the area where I have the spacers is my only choice filling it up with some devecon?If it would help I can take some pictures tomorrow showing the problem areas.

Re: Seekins DBM

Take your barreled action out of the stock and bolt up the Seekins dbm with the pillars to the receiver. Take a few dummy rounds, load your magazine, and test function with this assembly. I'll bet it functions perfectly as mine does. Regardless of the thickness of the stock at the action screws, the dbm has to be installed at these assembled dimensions. Stocks will vary from one maker to another and a flush, clean fit is not always guaranteed without adding or subtracting material to the outside of the stock.

Jon

I didn't think about trying that with the pillars.With the spacers I made the gun functions now I just don't like that I have to have them under the dbm to make everything work.I'm going to check it out today and see if I can come up with something better.Thanks Andy

Well I think I solved the problem.I checked the spacing with the pillars like you suggested and everything was perfect.So I knew what was causing the problem and it ended up that when my barreled action was tightened down the 2 action holes were to far forward.So I put the stock back on the mill and milled the face of the recoil lug area on the stock and everything is perfect and no need for the spacers.Thank you for your tip and when my gun is finished I will get some pictures posted.