• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins Havak 28 Nosler.....195’s?

dave300

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Any confirmation of Seekins chambering being throated to shoot 195’s AND the appropriate twist rate?
    I recall seeing something from Glen Seekins regarding this but can’t find it again.
    I have the new unfired Havak 6.5 PRC that I think I’m just going sell and thought I’d think about using the money towards the 28 but just wanted to get any latest info regarding the 28 and 195’s

Website says its 1:8.6 twist, it may work. Berger has a stability calculator on their site. The 195 in a 8.6 twist barrel at 1000 feet elevation has "marginal stability". It would probably work but 8 twist or less is ideal for them. And I don't know this, but I would assume that they have a SAMMI spec'd chamber, and its not throated for the 195's. But a smith could throat it out to give it the freebore needed for them.

Reactions: dave300
    Don’t forget your going to need an extended mag well for those long bastards . May end up single loading .

Yea, my load is loaded to 3.720". I have a CIP length dbm to allow mag feeding. To shoot these out of a havak, and have a repeater, you're looking at some Smith work which means more $$. Will need to be throated to add some freebore then if you want to magazine fed (I don't know the havak mag length but I doubt it's long enough) you'll need a Wyatts's box or a new dbm bottom metal and Smith work to inlet the stock.

Reactions: dave300