• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Seekins Havak, what scope you gonna use?

adluginb

#1 dad
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
Oklahoma
Recently acquired my Havak and haven’t decided what scope to run yet. I’ve bought one of the Bushnell GAP deal scopes that I thought I’d use but still haven’t decided yet.

I’ll be using my rifle as a hunting tool not competing with it if that matters on suggestions.

What does the hide suggest?

what caliber? what range are you shooting? do you care about weight? since it's for hunting do you want exposed turrets or not? FFP or SFP? Mil or MOA or does it matter?

With the Havak coming in at 7.0 lbs, putting a heavy ass scope on it would seem counter productive....

The demo Havak at SHOT had a Razor AMG mounted that felt and balanced perfectly. The new Leupold Mk5 might be a good fit too.

I have a FFP mil-mil 6.5-20x50mm Leupold Mark 4 mounted on my current light-weight hunting rig. They're not too popular around here, but at 22oz it gets the job done.

When the Havak I have on order shows up, I'm thinking of slapping a Gen2 Razor at 48oz on it (LOL...)... I'll probably go with a 3.6-18 Mark5 at 26 oz

Guys, I sure would appreciate some range reports and group pictures of the good and bad from these rifles when you get a chance. I'm saving my pennies leaning toward the Havak . I've also considered the Christensen Ridgeline. It would be a long range hunting rifle.

I have a Bushnell 3-12 LRHS waiting on whichever I choose. I don't mind a little extra scope weight. I look at a lighter rifle as a platform that allows me to use the scope I want and still have a hunting weight rifle. I wouldn't hesitate to use the illuminated LRHS and actually wish my 3-12 had illumination,though I prefer the magnification range for a hunting rifle.

Mines in 6.5. Hopefully I’ll get to shoot it next week with a scope I have lying around here. I was thinking the AMG might be the ticket as well since it’s lighter. Yeah I would like exposed turrets but at same time I’ve got a lot of leupold VX3 from other hunting guns that will be sold and several Nightforce nxs.

Hopefully the Bushnell I bought from GAP doesn’t take to long to get here, otherwise I might just get the AMG

Is there a list anyone has compiled of the higher end scopes, say $750 and up, that show the weights on them?