• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins havak

ghostinthewoods

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2013
ut
Talk me out of it. Pros, cons??? Any personal experiences? Anything would be great. Thanks in advance.

I’m shooting a 6.5 creed for a buddy. It’s a nice gun for hunting. It shoots my 140 grain hand load about 1/2 moa out to 300 so far. Action is a little rough. I had a problem with light primer strikes at first, but I called them and they sent out new firing pin springs and all has been good.

Reactions: ghostinthewoods
HAvak or the Bravo Havak? I Backordered the Bravo Havak in 6.5 PRC, would like to hear more reviews. I've read that some are experiencing light primer strikes.

For what? Hunting? PRS/NRL?
Oh ya, for hunting sorry. The ph1. I also contacted them about the light primer strikes issue and they told me it had been corrected. I was mainly just curious about the accuracy guys were getting out of them?

Right out of the box the action is pretty rough. Like Remington 770 rough. I've played with a couple of them. Bought one for myself when they first came out thinking the barrel was a little heavier and decided not to keep it. I never fired it, but I did oil the hell out of the bolt and work it a few hundred times putting upwards/side pressure etc to sort of lap it and smoothed up considerably. Damn near Tikka smooth. The machining was pretty rough on the couple I've seen. That being said they have decent features at a fair price.

Reactions: ghostinthewoods
I can’t tell you yet pros or cons but I just bought a 6mm used from a forum member because of the great accuracy I heard from others. This one has the original McMillan game scout. Can anybody describe the differences from the McMillan and the new Ph1 stock?

Bought a used bravo to build a hunter out of. Cut the barrel to 18" and bedded in an a3 McMillian. . 308 Hornady Amax tap runs 2650 or so and it will happily slap steel at 850 all day with a little Duplex leupold. It's light and really well balanced. Could use a little more comb height for a bench gun, but it's a great little hunter.

I have had a few light. Strikes as well.

The one I handled might make a great hunting rifle but for my uses the bolt was rough and hard to cycle, it made the bolt handle seem short in my mind. I also was not impressed with the trigger it seemed very heavy. The barrel was very rough inside, not Savage rough but not aftermarket smooth either and straight from the dealer as in new, it had a thick coating of carbon build up which wasn't coming out with regular cleaning.

Nice looking gun with a good spec list on it though. It has some really nice features and could likely be made into a good shooter with a little effort.

A friend has their rifle in 6.5 PRC and loves it. Doing crop damage deer culling at up 1k yds. I have not shot it so have no direct experience. His is an Element.

I have a 6.5 CM I bought from a fella w barrel break in rounds only. It has a Havak action and it did take a maybe 200 rounds to really smooth out. I have not issues or problems w primer strike.

Quick update. I called them about the light strikes and they sent me a full fire control assembly gratis. 3minute swap and I am back in action. I love their customer service