• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins Precision Havak Action

dtollivier

Tyler
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2019
California
What’s up Snipers hide? Just curious to see if anyone else out there is running a Seekins Havak action. I purchased mine about a year ago and have run into some issues with feeding and ejecting and also fit meant into various chassis’. I currently have an Evny chassis and the biggest issue I run into is the bolt face contacts the back of the feed lips of my AICS magazines when cycling the action. It tends to have issues with the magpul AICS magazines as well. More so it ejects the magazine automatically when chambering a round. I’ve also tuned the feed lips as best as I can without removing to much material and for whatever reason it tends to double feed on occasion. Anyone out there having similar issues and can offer me some pointers besides buying a whole new receiver and barrel? Thanks for the help!

The lug is different on the Havak versus the 700 which most chassis/bottom metal is set up for. The mag catch will need to be fitted/lowered if you will to allow the mag to ride lower. I can look up how much was trimmed off my magpul pro catch to fit the Havak action.

I bolted my Seekins havak barreled action to a krg bravo chassis and it, hates aics mags as well. Feeds terribly and drops the mag upon firing. The back of the receiver has a little nub in it, too, that kept the mag from going all the way up to catch the mag catch lever. I ended up dremelling out tide back of a mag to get it to finally catch, because I didn't feel like grinding on a $1200 action. It didn't help though. Mag still drops out upon firing.

I have been competing with a Seekins Havak PH1 the last two years. I left it in the McMillan Game Warden it shipped in, added a cheek riser, Area419 rail, and some weight in the buttstock and forend.

I struggled pretty hard with mine at first to encourage reliable feeding. The full diameter bolt and 90 degree-off-normal lug arrangement made it a little difficult to get AICS mags to feed. I ultimately resorted to running AW mags, with the lips opened enough to clear the bolt, and holding the rounds high enough (20min with some dummy rounds and a pair of flashing pliers). Now the only time it misfeeds is when I short stroke it.

I have been competing with a Seekins Havak PH1 the last two years. I left it in the McMillan Game Warden it shipped in, added a cheek riser, Area419 rail, and some weight in the buttstock and forend.

I struggled pretty hard with mine at first to encourage reliable feeding. The full diameter bolt and 90 degree-off-normal lug arrangement made it a little difficult to get AICS mags to feed. I ultimately resorted to running AW mags, with the lips opened enough to clear the bolt, and holding the rounds high enough (20min with some dummy rounds and a pair of flashing pliers). Now the only time it misfeeds is when I short stroke it.
AW mags are on my short list to try as well