• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Seekins Precision New Mount

I would have to go for a chin weld with those setups. I have no idea how you guys can get behind the tube consistently with >1.1” rings.

With the exception of a low mount for specifically optimizing shooting thru loopholes, I have never understood the the concept of getting a low cheek weld on a rifle.

With almost no two facial dimensions being similar (hence facial recognition technology) a low mount might fit a very small percentage of individuals to achieve a proper head position on the rifle. Custom shotguns have fitment of the comb to the individual so they can have their head square to the gun and not cant their cheek into it. Don't understand why this concept has not translated to the rifle community.

Reactions: Misfit_
Imagine if for some crazy unexplained reason, that rifle suddenly shot FAR better than ever? Chaos in the shooting world / industry! :D

(and a giant boon for rifle case companies ;) )

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
I adjusted the reticle I just didn't show it trying to keep the video short

To All the, We want lower in bigger scope crowd,
you guys are not smart at all, and should please just stop with the lower. Lower is bad, lower rolls your head, lower compromises every position except offhand, lower is fucking stupid

This is 1.18" mount and it's supposed to be one of the most popular heights, this is how dumb the end users are,

View attachment 8059209

They don't fit, the saddles are too big so you can't mount the scope. If you are less than a 1/4" from your barrel with your bell odds are you bent your tube, or compromised the scope. Lower is not better and does not work.

For our modern shooting and rifles we should be 1.3" at the lowest point, and higher is better fundamentally. Stop asking these guys to make low. Lower is an old wives tale that needs to be retired

Frank... if you put a video on youtube with a clickbait title/preview image, I am pretty sure you'll get enough views to pay for your anger therapy.

Honestly, if people want to run lower... I say let them. Even better if they have a 20 moa rail lmao. I see it all the time on Reddit, facebook, etc. It's a huge flag that whoever is doing that doesn't give a shit about the actual skillset of precision rifle, they just don't get attention for their AR's anymore and hopped the gravy train to get attention. **Stupidity can only be fixed by survival of the fittest

**Gets fully adjustable chassis/stock... Runs lowest scope mount/rings possible**

Is that necessary? I mean in addition to cross bolts?
Look at the bottom. It's instead of, not in addition to. No cross bolts engaging the rail.

IMG_0225.JPG

Reactions: AleksanderSuave
Oh yeah, I think I’d have a to see it to fully comprehend.
As I understand it it silver-colored wedge slides against the black one, expanding to occupy the space between two picatinny lugs and abutting them. The cross bolts engage the sides of the rail form and the wedge engages perpendicularly.

6AFF9F68-8D0F-43D4-88F9-B17BBD74E92C.jpeg

Thoughts on Seekins:
Have been impressed with the price vs. performance of the Seekins folks in general. Their AR's are custom level quality but with a price that is closer to mass production. I have been pleased with the fit, finish, and accuracy of the ones I purchased last year. Their rings have also always been on the lower end of cost for quality machined rings offering good value.

Thoughts on the new mount:
I like levels on the rings because I worry that when mounted on the tube, smacking the level could result in a bent scope tube and levels are very easy to smack the way they hang out. The level adjustment screws should make it a bit easier to get the level properly leveled to the scope adjustments. I wonder if it makes the level less robust than one integrated into the ring cap such as the Hawkins and if that's worth the trade off though. I haven't found it too be too difficult to align levels properly with the scope reticle even when I don't "cheat" and use my scope testing jig. The level looks to have ample room for light to illuminate it and to be in a good position for you to actually see the thing without moving out of proper sight alignment so all good on that. I like the wedge idea for what amounts to a recoil lug. Bobro does something similar in their quick release mounts and it is probably the main key to those mounts return to zero function. Does Seekins specify a direction forward on this? I would have thought the half milled into the mount would be against the forward lug instead of the adjustable half. Does it matter? I agree that more folks scopes are too low than too high and am happy to see more cheek peices with the capacity to move higher. I'll be interested to see the price and options on this new mount. Given that those ring caps are compatible, I am at least as interested to see if they start selling their scope rings with the bubble level cap that can except the NV mount.

Frank... if you put a video on youtube with a clickbait title/preview image, I am pretty sure you'll get enough views to pay for your anger therapy.

Honestly, if people want to run lower... I say let them. Even better if they have a 20 moa rail lmao. I see it all the time on Reddit, facebook, etc. It's a huge flag that whoever is doing that doesn't give a shit about the actual skillset of precision rifle, they just don't get attention for their AR's anymore and hopped the gravy train to get attention. **Stupidity can only be fixed by survival of the fittest

**Gets fully adjustable chassis/stock... Runs lowest scope mount/rings possible**
I didn't mean this to piss you off Frank, but I can see my wording was definitely off.

I recall in a podcast you mentioned that the updated wordpress had the ability to throttle people's speed on the site. Well, I can validate to other users it works.

Because we have been removing scopes and testing them in class, we see it compromises the tubes on recoil when the bells hit the rails

We had a student, super low NF, about 1/8" off the rail, tested the new scope worked, next year did it again, off, and looking it we can see the bow in the tube.

You all think you are smart, but whatever ignore solid advice
Well…..I’m sofa king we Todd did! I should have listened to you.

I’ve always used .8-1.0” rings / mounts and never really had an issue. Not that I could tell anyway. My wife stared shooting a little more now that she started hunting with me.

My Tikka has a medium mount, I noticed that she was rolling her head pretty bad, I tried adjusting the cheek piece up and down (yes, I set LOP for her when she shoots it) WTF! Still rolled her head… she shot ok so I let it go. By ok I mean 1”-1.5” groups at 100 and consistent hits on a 10” plate at 500.

Fast forward to now, she has a Havak HIT with a 1” SPUHR hunting mount… I set the rifle up for her… boom, head still rolls. I put her on my AR which has a 1.7” mount… her head is almost perfect.

Long story even longer and a spuhr 1.35” hunting mount that’s on the way from Mile High now costing me $500… I should of listened to you 🤦🏻‍♂️

I was going to try and get her one of these Seekins new mounts, to keep her Seekins on Seekins but when I called they didn’t have a schedule release date.

I have the c1 max with all the added bits. its still meh to me
Agreed, but at least now I have commonality between my semis and bolts on accessories and such. Their ecosystem is among the most populous though availability is often shit. They don’t have 36mm accessory caps in the pipeline last time I talked to them so ZCO (and now TT) bois go home.

The tapped holes on the sides of the "ring" part of the mount. Will these be for accessories? Do they happen to be the spacing sphur uses?

Anybody seen or heard of any provisions for mounting a red dot to this? Looking for something a little lower than the diving board.

The tapped holes on the sides of the "ring" part of the mount. Will these be for accessories? Do they happen to be the spacing sphur uses?
I'm wondering the same. I've got a send-it I'd like to mount and I'm wondering if it'll fit.

Reactions: mrtoyz