• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Seekins Precision?

GBMaryland

Herr Oberst
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Maryland, US
    So,

I've got to ask:

Over the past year to two years I've attempted to order two separate items from Seekins Precision.

The first was a custom scope rail for a Model 70 with a Magnum Action and a bizarre rear hole spacing.

The dude took my credit card info... more than once, and I NEVER heard back from him.

Eventually, I called him back and he indicated that he'd just make me one and give it to me for the massive delay. (I really don't have an issue paying for something I've ordered, and it was very cool of him.) Once again, NOTHING showed up.

So I gave up and ordered the same custom part from Near Manufacturing. (I've used them for most of the stuff on my TRG-42 as all of their stuff is flawless... <span style="font-style: italic">and I actually get the parts...</span>)

Recently, I needed a 35mm set of scope rings. I did a somewhat serious look and noticed that Seekins Precision appeared to be one of the few companies to have them, and THIS time they had an online ordering system to boot!

So a week has gone by and I've not heard anything, my credit card hasn't been charged, and I'm starting to get the feeling again that I'm never see what I've ordered.

Am I the only person having this issue with Seekins Precision??

They seem nice an all, but it's pretty friggen weird.

GB

Re: Seekins Precision?

User name: heatseekins
    Send a PM.

He is a site sponsor is highly regarded for quality and service. I'm sure you'll get a faster response and less grief from what will follow in this thread with a PM or phone call instead of blasting. I will be ordering parts from him with confidence for my next build.

I'm sure you will have a response from Glen on the site shortly. he makes a first class product. I have bought his items from him or liberty before with no problem. his business has increased so much lately at times he can't keep up. Give him a chance to respond.

The make great products but I have had the same trouble. Have had 34mm scope rings ordered for nearly 3 months. They called me to see if I had received them two weeks in. I hadnt and they said they were getting them out the next day. I have called them several times and left messages but have gotten no response. However, I am sure there is a good reason for it.

I had a similar experience with Seekins. They do runs of different products, and the 35mm's go fast. Glen may just be waiting for the next run.

Give Scott a call at Liberty Optics. Great customer service, and I've found he does a better job following up. I'd rather have Glen concentrating on turning out outstanding products, anyway.

FWIW, I can't say enough good things about Richard Near and his products, either.

I was actually starting to wonder about an order I placed about a month ago for some 30mm low rings. They told me they should go out the next week, well a few weeks go by then suprise they arive today. From what I read they were waitig for them to get back from anodizing so that held up some stuff. But I was just glad to see them get dropped off today. And as usual excellent quality stuff.

Don't get me wrong, this is not a blasting thing, it's more a communications thing.

I'm just wondering if this is common, etc.

As I said, seemed like a nice guy. I'm just not used to having to keep calling and being the squeeky wheel.

...so I figured I'd post and see what others where saying.

GBMD, not to turn you away from Seekins rings, but if you need 35mm's in a rush look at a set of VTAC's. You don't hear them talked about as much, but they'll get the job done.

We are improving as fast as possible. Last few years we have grown exponentially and it is way more difficult than one would think. I sure i have let a few guys down and we are learning from our mistakes. IE..no more custom bases...

It is also very difficult to guess how many of what to built. It costs a ton of money to make/stock inventory so its a balancing act.
    We haven't built or sold a set of 35mm rings for a year. We just did a production run of them (3 months inventory based on last two year average plus current order) because we actually had some on order to build and i wanted to stock the shelf with everything. During the build orders for 35mm rings doubled so now im short!!...We just got 490 sets of rings in and have most everyone shipped, including the 35's unless you ordered last couple weeks. We always ship in the order received.

having said that, you are going to notice our rings in more locations here shortly. by having more of a dealer network we will be able to forcast quantities to build and dealers will stock them. the goal in the very near future will be no waiting at all. This is going to let me build product and stock more shelves than just ours.

call,email or PM me if you want to know the status of your order. I have always asked that you do that if we dont have it on the shelf. the time frame can vary from suppliers we use and the only info we can give is what they tell us. If i dont know i wont give you a date

Running a manufacturing business is a hoot...everyone should try it at least once
    smile.gif

You weren't blasting IMO, but there a bunch of Seekins users on this sight, so you'll going to get gruff for your post.

Your experience is common. Seekins stuff is always in high demand, and they just can't keep. Most popular custom products are like this.

All the folks I've spoken with at Seekins are very professional.

Richard Near is all of the above and responsive, but you do pay for it.

Good luck.

Yeah, that's true... I certainly pay alot of $$$ for my Near components.

This is one of the reasons I've been interested in the Seekins products.

I guess the big issue is really one of communication. Which is a common problem when you are ramping up a business and ironing out the kinks.

At this point, I've gotten PMs from others indicating the same issue as I've outlined. So I'm not going to take it personally, this is probably an issue of growing pains.

I promise it is just growing pains. This year, on 4/1/10 we had already doubled what we did last year! Couple that with some new employees and a new shop to move into and i have been a busy boy...

I will send you a pm so we can get you sorted out

I did get your order 5/11/2010 for a set of 35mm high rings.

Everyone, With the volume of orders we get we CANNOT contact everyone weekly to give you a update. We have always asked and will always ask YOU to contact us when you get curious. It would be a nightmare for us to try an contact 300 people weekly and keep track of who we did and dint get hold of.

We are manufactures and that is what we are strong at. We wont be setting up a kick butt online shopping system like some of our dealers have or like you are probably used to, but we will start pointing more and more people to our dealers so we can concentrate on manufacturing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Running a manufacturing business is a hoot...everyone should try it at least once
    smile.gif
    </div></div>

Running any business is a hoot. Everyone should try it at least once.

For our part, we placed the largest Seekins order in our history and while it took awhile we are stocked in 30mm rings, soon to have 34, 35, and 1-inch and bases. The product has always done very well for us and customer satisfaction is very very high. I thank you for all the Seekins orders! We have shipped them every day since we announced they were in stock.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

smile.gif
    </div></div>

Running any business is a hoot. Everyone should try it at least once. </div></div>

With a 95% chance of failure within the first 5 years and losing every penny I put in or the home I leverage against it, sounds less like a hoot and more like hollerin', a whole lot of the wife hollerin'.

Recently ordered a 20 moa base and some rings which turned out not to be tall enough. Reordered and got back same size rings, could have been my fault, called and left a message and also e-mailed asking to trade for correct size. Within 1 day I got an e-mail to send them back and they would be traded for size I wanted, also got a call back later that day. Pretty good service if you ask me.
    I have talked to Glen on previous orders, he was very helpful. I now have 4 sets of his rings and a couple of bases, sure there will be more in the future.

Fortunatly we do take care of as many people as we can. Sometimes the phone doesnt stop all day. Someone is always manning the phone, so during normal hours (8-4:30)PST if it just rings we are on the other line. Lots of times i get 7 or 8 calls when im on the other line, If your number pops up on caller ID we try you back if we can.

I do appreciate everyone being so patient, Some very good things are happening here that should eliminate ANY wait times. We want to be able to send product out the day you order..Someone needs to break the gun business trend
    smile.gif

When are you going to make the 4x6 or 6x6 30mm rings?

I ordered a Hunter Base and 1" rings at the end of March. Got them today. I sent a couple of status check emails in the interim and got responses within a few days. Be patient, it's worth the wait.

I have ordered rings twice from Seekins.

Although they may not have an automated online ordering system I have had no trouble and received items in a timely manner.

Its a good thing when your busy Glen. One thing about Seekins you can be sure of, no matter how busy they are or how much they have on thier plate, the product will always be top shelf, no compromise in quality.

Kirk R